Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

lineclip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lineclip

Hello anglers , what do you think the main advantage a reel of 250£ as over one say 60£ are they really worth that much more say for match / feeder etc

Personaly i think a reel costing 100-120 quid is as good as anything.
    May be a different story for the big fish boys chucking large weights long distances and winding them back but for general matchfishing i feel some are way overpriced and hyped up to catch the tackle tarts.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Unless you have a very specific need(as Spadger says very very long casts)don"t waste your money.
      I have never paid more than £60.00 for a reel and hope I never do.
      And the fact is if I had paid the silly(over 100.00)prices I 100% garuantee I would not have caught any more fish than I have.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Years ago i made a Decision to buy 4 cheap reels to tide me over after having my Box Stolen @ Holme Perrpoint
        i got 4 Cheap DAM reels intending to use them till the end of the season
        I have in the last few yrs Been lucky enough to be Given Top of the Range Reels from various companies in their
        Prototype form
        Some of these reels retail & up to £650
        Personaly i would never pay that !!
        I would rather Buy Reels that felt good ,did what they said on the tin & replace them as required
        This way i am always using Fairly New & Reliable tackle
        lots of reels out there in the £30 to £50 range that will last most Anglers a Lifetime !!
        Colin

Comment

Shakespeare Mach reels are stunning for the money by the way.
          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
            Shakespeare Mach reels are stunning for the money by the way.
            I'll second that. I've got 3 of their Mach 3s and I love em, and they were less than £40 each!
            Steve

Comment

Hi Dave.

The shimano exage, is a good buy also

all the best steve.

Comment

To be honest the Mach 3 is as good as anything out there
                Great value for money
                Colin

Comment

I agree with lads, as posted above

I posted this on a previous thread, headed Feeder Reel.

The Shimano and Diawa reels have a good following. However there are reels on the market that are under £100 pound and are fully spected with 8+1 or 9+1 bearings hollow bail arm, spare spools and even twin handles are available. The Mach 3, Colmic Zartan, Colmic blue power, Spro red ach all under £100 pounds. I personally have all four including the Shimano stadics 3000 and 4000. It all depends on your budget and how often you are going to use it. These cheaper reels are excellent for the money.

Regards Steve
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

ive just bought a stradic 400 fa second hand the fa model great reel carl

Comment

I bought 4 spro red arcs and find them capable of everything except mega distance and heavy river work. Got a spro long cast pit reel for distance braid work and if you can find them the milo ryokan range are a good cheap workhorse in the various sizes. The spro long cast can be found for about £50 and the milo reels less than £40.
                      MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Onli Shimano and Daiwa,I am not rich to other copula-greetings

Comment

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after, it has undergone a brief pleasure lowest price!

Comment

Working...
                          X