Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

New member - Canal fishing questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member - Canal fishing questions

Hi, I’ve just joined the forum and looking for a little advice & tips.

I have just moved onto the Leeds/Liverpool canal (Blackburn) my garden backs onto the canal. I will be looking to start fishing from there.

I am looking for advice on rods, reels, bait and how to make sure I’m doing all the basics right.

I believe there is Carp, Pike & Roach in there. If anyone knows anything different please let me know.

Thanks

Might be best just starting with a 13 ft float rod and reel say 3lb line with hook length say 1.7 lb size 20 hook and just start with maggots see what you catch and go from there m8. The joys of canal fishing is you never know what you going to get

Comment

First thing you need is an Environment agency fishing licence,then you need to find out who controls the fishing rights for that stretch of canal and sort appropriate day/season tickets.
      From there you can make a start with very basic kit and simple baits to begin with.
      Being so close gives you the perfect opportunity to introduce regular helpings of free offerings(pre baiting) and this invariably increases your chances of catching.
      The tackle mentioned by pk will do the job and also be suitable for other venues and situations.
      Welcome to TA and enjoy your fishing.
      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Welcome mate, don't forget not to leave the shop without a couple of different sized Disgorgers.
        [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

Working...
        X