Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Dont just post a hello - ask some questions too!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont just post a hello - ask some questions too!

Hi Guys and Girls,

Anyone who joins the forum, please use this section to say hello.

Once you have introduced yourself then search the other sections of the site - the object of the site is to build a friendly and informative community for all the members so please contribute by asking some questions, there are some of the countries top match anglers on this site every day so post a question and get some serious advice. When you post a topic it helps to build the community for the better for EVERYONE so please dont be a wall flower please get involved and make your first post today.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Hello - who won the TA prize draw from the first week,Simon!?
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Brian, running it up to the end of the month...
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Hi Simon, you replyed to me on total fishing, not sure if you got my reply mate. you asked were was from, live near hatfield, not part of any team really, just fished for stainforth AC for the grudge match against the donny shop. always fished for myself as i find it a lot easier, can go all round donny as their are matches everywhere. woodhouse grange is defo a good place to go tho as you get some great anglers there.

Comment

howdi soaks whats the best way to target bream on a feeder commercial

Comment

Introduction from FishermanFred69

Hi. I used to fish open matches in the 1960's and 70's before immigrating to South Africa in 1974. Have now returned and finding it all a lot different with many of the original basics such very delicate presentation, minimum disturbance etc having been kicked into touch. The new commercial fisheries with large fish stocks have developed new methods and practices. I used to catch a carp 2-3 times a year now you need 100 – 200 lbs of them to even frame! Quite a difference and a very steep learning curve but with forums such as this all things are possible. I live in the Watford area and fish mainly with local clubs and matches in a 30 – 50 mile radius. I am now self- employed and can “make a plan” for any day of the week. Keen to link up with local match anglers for swapping information, some practice sessions and occasional team events.

"Only dead fish go with the flow!"
            fishermanfred69

"only dead fish go with the flow"

Comment

you lekker rich now boss.,,,,,,,,.wish i could do the accent
              In darkness we do what we can
              In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

hi all ive just joined today, im retired from the railway, been fishing from early teens i do mostly pleasure but do a few club matches i like useing a stick and margin fishing on commercials

Comment

Welcome to the site stikflote

Comment

welcome hello ask questions all u want
                    sensas /total angling

Comment

Hi Everybody,
                      New member,just decided to become a bit more active on the site .I'm a club and pleasure angler living in herts,friend of member miloman.i fish for anything that swims be that in commercials ,rivers or lakes.
                      Last most notable fish caught ,.were a 3lb 1oz roach (p.best) and a 13lb 3oz ghostie on the pole last sunday.I restarted fishing about 8 years ago and still long for my first 100lb net of carp got near once with 87lb7oz but it's still elusive ,my have to get a few pointers from carpmagic.

Comment

Welcome to the non ton club goldie, had a couple of 90's but can't get there

Comment

Hello to everybody.
                          I am from Greece and i want some help to learn mare for match fishing and rigs.

Comment

Panos. First load your gun! Seriously you want to get hold of some British angling magazines or newspapers. They all have illustrations and typical rigs used by successful match anglers.
                            John - Kingfisher
                            Talk Angling Senior Member
                            Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

King the gun is load and ready to hit.
                              First of all i dont speak very well english, sorry for that, but i do my best.
                              I think is more easy to tell me some site to look for match fishing and rigs with foto.

Comment

Working...
                              X