Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Southern Members

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Members

Just introduce yourselves here if you are from the south and maybe we could organise a few get togethers, I know this covers a big area but I'm not too clued up on the regions down there

Well I'm from sunny Surrey

Comment

Hi Pete
      You probably remember me I am Gazza's dad we fished the super sixes at Gold
      Les
      Garbolino Super Legion - a great pole - it is for me anyway

Comment

Hi Boss Man, I used to fish Gold alot... and work in SLough for my sins!

Welcome on board chaps, get posting some topics in the main body of the site!
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I'm from hants just around the corner from gold valley, I mainly fish the basi, wey nav, kennet and avon, and grand union canals and i fish commercials such as gold and willingshurst too.

Comment

Simon
            Where did you work in Slough?
            Les

Comment

Hi all I'm from Oxford and fish the Thames mostly, plus commercials locally. Also support Spurs Boss man
              Last edited by mabalsaritchie; 28th August 2006, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I'm from Sydenham in SE London.
                Knock up a few miles fishing where I fancy, and a certain nutter's Jinx Series.
                [COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
                [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Comment

Hi Neil

We've met on many occasions. I'm probably more south east as I'm north of the Thames. Not many of us in this part of the world.
                  I used to fish the top end of the thames before moving over here. Most time spent on commercials these days.

Comment

Les, I used to work for a company called Connexe Peripherals on Buckingham avenue on the estate. Now have my own business up here in sunny Doncaster - and thankfully nowhere near the amount of traffic on the communte into work as round Slough - dont think I could ever go back to that now!
                    Simon Young
                    Admin
                    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Simon
                      I worked at Coopers for 38 years, man and boy.
                      The place is dying now that Mars & coopers in Liverpool rd are closing.
                      No trouble in the mornings or evenings now mate.
                      Les

Comment

Hi , I'm Vince.

Live in Kent with Hartleylands Farm Fishery, Monk Lakes and Elphicks Fishery close by. Even with these fisheries close by I'm happy to travel and have done so regularly to fish Disabled matches with the BDAA and Maggotdrowning.com.

I am Secretary iof the Rother Fishery Association which controls 11 miles of the River Rother and 3 miles of double bank fishing on the Royal Military Canal.

Most of the time is spent match fishing with either my local club or the angling forum mentioned above, Maggotdrowning.com, for whom I organise get togethers in the South East as well as their annual Individual Championships at Lemington Lakes.

Would be good to have a get together somewhere in the South East, and if you would like one on a river give me a shout and I'll get some thing organised on the River Rother at Wittersham.

Comment

hi im from swindon,wiltshire fish the thames k&a canal and a few localish lakes and mercials

Comment

How you doing Vinny, not heard from you for a while.
                            Do you still fish the winter leagues around Swindon. Don't go back very often these days. Miss the old Thames at Lechlade and Radcot. The old chub should be coming on about now.

Comment

hi fred how are you keeping mate?not fishing the winter leagues anymore as team fishing around here has gone tits up really,loads of new teams from further afield plus the sponsorship deals they have make it to hard to compete,quite a few teams folded and the anglers joined the likes of talisman and cotswold or elgin and the expense seemed to keep rising weekly.
                              Gave up on ivy house as same old faces keep winning and again sponsored anglers were coming down from bristol and framing with torny pros ,gis 10s and with the likes of shippy,sivell and co i just couldnt compete so i have really just been fishing highworth club matches on there lake at roughgrounds and the thames matches start next weekend at buscot,went to bourton a couple of times had weights of 110.175.& 190lbs and came absolutely nowhere lol,where you been fishing in your new location
                              cheers vinny

Comment

Working...
                              X