Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Midlands Members

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midlands Members

Just introduce yourselves here if you are from the midlands and maybe we could organise a few get togethers

I will start this off for you then Neil.

My name is Keith, I am 43 and generally fish matches on commercials. I have had reasonable success on a variety of waters, Makins, Rolf's, Alders etc. My highest match weight is 242lb from Rolf's and hopefully will better that in the near future. Although do not get the chance to fish each week due to shift work and family commitments.

I have met Neil, Eric and Royst on a couple of the Jinx Matches organised on Maggot drowning and can look forward to some of the TA matches you may organise.
    [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Hi my name is Phill , I am 36 years old and i am a club angler i am looking at moving my fishing to the next stage and start fishing opens , i would like to get more out of my fishing as i think i am good enough but with two young boys and a wife with a horse i find i am limited to once a week which i hope to increase as the boys get older. i would love to fish any knock ups TA organise as it would be great to meet everyone, i have fished with dorsal at horns pool, and what a great bloke

Comment

Hi I'm interested in matches within say a 60 mile radius of Birmingham.

Comment

Hi

My name is Tony, first time on this site. I've got a match on Rolf's in a couple of weeks and was wondering if Neil would like to divulge all his secrets !!!

Comment

So who would this be? Some mickey taking MDer me thinks
            Only thing Ive learned in my two visits is dont use pink bungee

Comment

Eugene, 37yr old from Peterborough. Just looking in really as the summer holidays means TF is again spoiled by kids
              [SIZE="2"][B]MAP Peterborough[/B][/SIZE]

Comment

eugene im one of those kids and i put alot of info in that site but i know what you mean some are anoying we aint all in the same boat us kids
                sensas /total angling

Comment

so dont please tar weve the same brush

im 17 from shrewsbury
                  sensas /total angling

Comment

Tony,

What do you want to know about Rolfs?????

Comment

alright, im james 24 from worcester, im looking to fish matchs on either canal or even better a river, dont get me wrong i would fish a match on a pool but i would rather caught a bag or roach over carp anyday. anyway if u have a contest drop me a line

Comment

Hi Keith

Any help on favoured pegs would be great, fished it once and got it totally wrong !!!, drew peg 4 so couldn't see a lot as to what was going on, which pellets do you favour of the ones Rolf sells ?

Regards ... Tony

Comment

Tony,

Peg 4 is just off the corner on the small lake and there is a bar at around 13m where the depth starts to shallow up. The deepest part of the peg is at around 5 to 6m and plenty of fish are caught here. However if it is warm/hot then the longer line.

Pellet wise I go for either the squid/liver mixed with the chocolate/orange both 6mm as they make more noise when hitting the water. 4 bags will cover the match.

I always start off at distance and heavily feed a closer line on any peg, If i am catching long then will continue but if i do not have a bite for 10mins then will switch to the nearer line. Hopefully they will be there in numbers. Also worth trying is a margin swim just down the shelf.

Comment

Cheers Keith

Comment

I'm Dave from Sutton in Ash Notts. I fish with Sheepbridge Anglers, and i'm match secretary of Ashfield Anglers who run all fishing on Sutton Lawn Dam.

Comment

Working...
                              X