Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Northwest Members

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bj3656 View Post
    Like you I used to fish many years ago, and when I brought my old tackle out of mothballs, realised that i had missed it, however most of my old equipment had seen better days and need to bring myself back up to speed.
    Needless to say Poles were a nation of people (still are) and not a method of fishing back then (Late 70's) so I need all the help I can get.
    Will be trawling these forums for tips and tricks
    Although venues and stocking levels have changed dramatically, fish are still fish and methods and tackle that caught fish in the 70"s will still work today,by all means update your gear but don't think the old stuff wont work because it will.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

• smilly from Warrington , Friendly Anglers and Warrington Anglers

Comment

• John from Southport. Same story last two years haven't been out as much as I would like. New addition to the family and work combination!
        Fished a lot of SDAA matchs in the past. Enjoy fishing Rivington and Anglezarke.

Comment

• Hi there Dez from Blackpool,just getting back into pole/float,feeder fishing,after years chasing carp/barbel.

Comment

• Hi,
            Been back into fishing about 2 years now, since going with my dad about 40 years ago, and boy has it changed, but absolutely love learning it all again, just wish I had taken it back up a lot sooner. Hope to learn a lot from the forum.
            Greetings from the Wirral.

Comment

• Welcome on board.
              You will find some of the best info available anywhere from the lads on here.
              Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

• Thanks hurricane, glad I found this forum, as you can see in my first posts, hope to find a Preston trolley in the classifieds.

Comment

• Greetings from Blackpool

Have recently moved to the area from the Midlands so am looking forward to exploring some new waters

Comment

• Whoop from Rochdale!

Comment

• Hi I'm from crewe cheshire

Comment

• I have 2 shimano super aero 4000 gtm s in mint condition putting them on eBay just don't know what there worth , any clues ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Coldestleon View Post
                          I have 2 shimano super aero 4000 gtm s in mint condition putting them on eBay just don't know what there worth , any clues ???
                          Read the reply on the other post you put on
                          Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Comment

• Afternoon,

I moved up from Surrey to Sale in late 2016, moving into a small flat with no storage. I am just finalising the purchase of a house in Cheadle which means I can retrieve my fishing gear which is currently in storage in my parents' loft! Looking forward to getting on the water in the coming weeks.

Been fishing for about 15 years on and off. Enjoy all aspects but my favourite is lure fishing for predators or a nice relaxing river/canal session.

I have had a brief conversation with James from Hazel Grove Angling who has explained the Fed card to me and where I can fish with it. He's also told me that once I'm in and settled to come into the shop and he can go over my options. From a bit of light Googling I've read that there are certain memberships around this area that include the Fed card alongside their own membership, included in the fee. Can anyone suggest what might be my best option? I enjoy all types of fishing but especially walking rivers and canals with a spinning rig looking for Perch, Pike and sometimes Trout! Can anyone also please suggest some nice day tickets that are worth a visit? Tatton Park looks good, going by their gallery they look to have nice Pike.

Thanks all,

Stuart

Comment

• Hey Guys! I’m Kris from Blackburn.

Comment

Working...
                              X