Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Returning to course fishing after twenty years of sea fishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to course fishing after twenty years of sea fishing

I'm returning to course fishing ( pole ) in in the Bedfordshire area and hope to meet up and join others. I know a lot has changed but had a couple of stints on the local Grand Union canal and was into fish on the first drop but there was a lack of other fishermen, as in none. So I'm hoping this site can help me out
    cheers
    Roy

Natural venues are very neglected in most areas,although the rivers are getting a little more attention from those who have tired of fishing for mud pigs in holes in the ground. If you want to meet others on the bank, a local club would be worth a shout or just rock up to your nearest commercial venue you will soon meet a few fellow anglers.
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback theres Luton angling club, Vauxhall angling club and Tring angling club all in my local area, that have some decent waters, so will look at joining one of those clubs,
      early days but was hoping I'd get some feedback from some members from the clubs mentioned above

Comment

Hi roy
        welcome to talk angling
        theres a great stretch of the grand union near tring station that has always had a good head of carp and big bream- it used to be fishable on a day ticket,I'm not sure if it still is. There's also the famous tring reservoirs,that have held British record perch and huge bream and tench in the past.
        A bit further south from you is a nice stretch of the river gade in cassiobury park,Watford- I used to fish there as a nipper- great chub fishing.
        also Rickmansworth aquadrome isn't too far. You're spoilt for choice round your way tbh.
        Tring anglers is a good club- I'd look into joining that if I were you mate.
        let us know how you get on.
        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
        X