Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Flooding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooding

IVE BEEN LUCKY,LOADS OF RAIN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE BUT ONLY ISOLATED FLOODING,WHATS IT BEEN LIKE ROUND YOUR WAY,WITH MORE RAIN FORCAST OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS IT LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO GET WORSE...THE ARIEL PICTURES OF THE sOMERSET LEVELS AND THE THAMES
    VALLEY ARE ASTONISHING,JUST HOPE THINGS IMPROVE FOR THE POOR SOULS WHO LIVE THERE
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Originally posted by MT NET View Post
    IVE BEEN LUCKY,LOADS OF RAIN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE BUT ONLY ISOLATED FLOODING,WHATS IT BEEN LIKE ROUND YOUR WAY,WITH MORE RAIN FORCAST OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS IT LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO GET WORSE...THE ARIEL PICTURES OF THE sOMERSET LEVELS AND THE THAMES
    VALLEY ARE ASTONISHING,JUST HOPE THINGS IMPROVE FOR THE POOR SOULS WHO LIVE THERE
    Definitely - its been a miserable couple of months for them to say the least. We've been really lucky in Manchester, again its absolutely bucketed it down but no major flooding. Our house backs onto a field and the water table is really high there, the field tends to flood really quickly in hevay rain but even that hasnt been too bad - just a few big puddles really.
    Steve

Comment

Sheffield is tropical to what some in the south have had to suffer. It's about time International aid was diverted to where it's really needed HERE.
      I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
      He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Dry in brum

Comment

In Maidenhead the Thames is over the banks in areas & Cookham & Bourne End have got isolated areas cut off but its downstream of Windsor at Datchet & Wraysbury that is the worst hit.
          John

Comment

makes me angry,some twonk of a MP says on the bbc news about 4million pound houses being almost destroyed by the thames flooding,ermmmmm wake up you pillock,what about the peoples homes that are ruined,or do they not count because there homes are ONLY worth £150,000,ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
            OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

OOOp North where were hard as nails we don't count it as a flood unless it's a tsunami.

Only joking lads.
              As soon as Berkshire and the tory heartlands where hit they where bound to come out of there ivory towers. Anyone else can drown as far as they're concerned.
              This may sound heartless but i had a wry smile when the well off and rich where moaning on BBC news last night, they didn't give a toss for the Somerset people before that.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Like jethro says, very little rain in Sheffield compared to everywhere else. People don't get mentioned because we don't matter, we are all just pawns on a chess board waiting to be disposed of.

Comment

Originally posted by fordysufc View Post
                  Like jethro says, very little rain in Sheffield compared to everywhere else. People don't get mentioned because we don't matter, we are all just pawns on a chess board waiting to be disposed of.
                  Not bad for a blade fordy iam from the broad shoulder brigade city of steel::

Comment

Originally posted by MT NET View Post
                    makes me angry,some twonk of a MP says on the bbc news about 4million pound houses being almost destroyed by the thames flooding,ermmmmm wake up you pillock,what about the peoples homes that are ruined,or do they not count because there homes are ONLY worth £150,000,ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
                    The biggest problem the majority will have after this is over is insurance. Those that have insurance now & claim will find they cant get insured again or if they can the cost will be astronomical & how do you sell a property you cant insure.

If you have a 4 million house its peanuts but for your average family its a disaster
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
                      The biggest problem the majority will have after this is over is insurance. Those that have insurance now & claim will find they cant get insured again or if they can the cost will be astronomical & how do you sell a property you cant insure.

If you have a 4 million house its peanuts but for your average family its a disaster

Well if one of em wants to sell me their 4 million quid house for 150K cos he can't insure it John I'll snap their hand off.
                      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

The weather is moving north tonight bramall lane will need plenty of sand as usual

Comment

Its ok now lads.Daves got it sorted.moneys no object.Cancelled his middle east trip next week to fill up the sand bags with the army,bless him.Ive no doubt the pensioners,low paid and unemployed will be paying for the "moneys no object".

Comment

You & me both mate. Just down the river from me (another planet) we have Parky, Wogan, Rolf Harris, Heston & the Reu brothers now known as the blues brothers & the water is in their gardens as we speak
                            John

Comment

£4,000,000 darn sarth £500,000 oopppp narth brings every thing in to perspective. Mother Nature knows no bounds. I can't wait to see the Houses of Parliament under water, that's bound to put taxes up!

Comment

Working...
                              X