Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Speed awareness courses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed awareness courses

Yep,guilty as charged,anyone had to attend one these courses,i got done in southampton,does that mean i will have to go down there for the course???what does the coarse involve??
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

For mine yes,had to go to the region where the offence was comitted,It"s a full day of claptrap with a silly test at the end(well mine was anyway) the only good thing is it saves points on your licence.
    The most anoying thing is the people who could benefit from it are not offered it,its only available to people who are caught minimaly over the speed limit,and I dont care who you are or how great you think your driving is it can happen to anyone.But looneys doing twice the limit can get away with paying the same fixed penalty and the points but it should be compulsory for them to attend a similar course.
    Last edited by hurricane; 8th February 2014, 04:00 PM. Reason: typo
    Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

When I got done in bewdley they wanted me to go to Telford. 40 quid in juice and a day off work.

I took the points.
      On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Got done doing 87 on the m6 in cheshire- had to go up there to do the course.
        Had to be there at 8am, cost me a days wages,£80 of squirt and the £90 for the course.
        Still better than 3 points though as i'm a professional driver.
        Ps i nodded off in the class cos i had to get up at 4am to attend it, then drive for 3 hours,do the course and drive 3 hours home again- is that safe motorway driving? No!
        Mine was a motorway safety course, which only cheshire police do- if yours is a general speed awareness course you can do it locally.
        Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
        Alwight tweacle?

Comment

No Martin! Simple answer! I got done on route to Framfield last year 36 mph going up hill!! (Liberty)
          It's a National scheme I was told 100% at the time all u have to do is attend the course! 1 bloke there was a lorry driver got done while in Yorkshire.
          Ousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhh ;)

Comment

Originally posted by London Chris View Post
            No Martin! Simple answer! I got done on route to Framfield last year 36 mph going up hill!! (Liberty)
            It's a National scheme I was told 100% at the time all u have to do is attend the course! 1 bloke there was a lorry driver got done while in Yorkshire.
            that's cushty,I think £90 bar is a bit steep,but hey ho....

Comment

I had to go on one about 18 months ago, got done for doing 46 in a 40 zone. It did give me some food for thought but Like hurricane says the people who really need to attend (those who think its ok to do 60 in a 30 zone) don't have to. And if I'm honest it hasnt really improved my driving. One of the blokes who was running the course was really nice and pretty much said "None of you wants to be here so we'll just get done what we need to do then you can all get going", the other guy was the most annoying condascending patronising little **** it's ever been my misfortune to meet! Good luck mate!
              Steve

Comment

I done one a couple of years ago,£85 and 4 hours of boredom,I thought you could name a local place to do it a not travel,mine was at the Gainsborough hotel in Kiddy of all places,lol,familiar to some.

Comment

jeezus,cant go to the gainsborough,had it away big time last time,lol

Comment

I got caught where M6 meets M1 the calthorpe interchange. Got to do my course in Brum not far from Villa park. Cost me £85 and was a waste of 4 hours. You can only sit one of these courses every 3 years.
                    Our instructor says that if he gets caught speeding then he loses his job. My reply to him was that I hope I never get stuck behind him. 94.6% of people admit to driving on motorways at over 70mph. I think that the remainding 5.4% tell lies or are speeding aware course instructors.
                    Steve
                    Up the Villa

Comment

Working...
                    X