Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Air ambulance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air ambulance

I don't often get involved in petitions but this is one that I feel strongly about & it takes less than 1 minute to complete!

The petition is to encourage the Government to exempt Air Ambulance services from duty on the fuel they use, in the same way as the Lifeboats (RNLI) are exempt.

If we gain 100,000 signatures, Parliament is duty bound to debate the issue
    - currently there are over 91,000 signatures so not far to go.

Thank you for your support for this magnificent volunteer funded service.

Please pass on to all of your UK friends.

Return VAT on Air Ambulance fuel payments. - e-petitions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Done.
    If you can't laugh at yourself, life is going to seem a whole lot longer than you'd like.:D:D:p

Comment

Done

Comment

Done.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Done

Comment

Done, over 116,000 when I signed

Comment

Done and its well over 100,000 now

Comment

done, over 116,000 and running till 2013

Comment

Done!!

Comment

Done!!
                    [url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/RL-Pole-Floats/188786494654295?ref=tn_tnmn[/url]

Comment

Done 134,810 now

Comment

Done

Comment

Sorry. Was this an April Fool? This is completely untrue.
                          All charities get heating oil/road fuel/aviation fuel supplied VAT free, provided they supply a copy of their Charity Reg. Certificate. In fact my former employer would supply the heating oil/road fuel/aviation fuel free, as a community donation, but would charge the Duty. We had hundreds of charities we supplied.
                          It specifically states in the 2004 HMRC VAT guidance notes that Air Ambulance Charities are included.
                          The only circumstances where VAT-free supply would not apply, would be if it was bought from a public source, like a garage forecourt, then they would have to reclaim the VAT. Also if a 3rd party bought it for them, in which case they are stupid, and that can't be fixed.
                          Also, think about it, an Air Ambulance Charity would easily be above the VAT threshold, therefore entitled to reclaim the VAT from HMRC anyway.
                          I think somebody has confused VAT and Duty, but Duty is paid by the oil companies as it leaves the refinery, ie BEFORE it is sold, no one can ever know where the fuel will end up.

Former Credit Manager 2nd biggest fuel supplier in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                          X