Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ⚽️ World cup 2018 football thread ⚽️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason for that Rob was we did use all four substitutes

Dier, Rose, Rashford and Vardy all came on, the Trippier was injured
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Comment

It's the old adage isn't it - today's news is tomorrow's Fish & Chip wrapper!!
      [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

Oh yeah...I forgot about the plodder Dier

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
          Oh yeah...I forgot about the plodder Dier
          You mean the one who's Shoot Out Penalty put us in the semi??
          [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
            Square and back when you need a goal!!..found myself cheering for Croatia..I thought you could use 4 subs if the game went into extra time but only a goalkeeper?...so why didn't Pickford go upfront and bring sub keeper on rather than play with 10 men??
            Cheering for Croatia? Really????

Comment

we can hold our heads up, played well for most of the tournament, but never look like scoring from open play, thank god for set pieces
              i think the lack of a couple of old heads to steady the youngsters didn't help.

Comment

I said two weeks ago on here (#63) that I was concerned about our lack of goals from open play and so it's proved. We should have been out of sight in the first half and it cost us. Still, can't be too upset, things are looking a lot brighter for English football than they have for a long long time especially with all the younger teams doing so well. Everyone would've settled for a semi final place at the start of the tournament. Oh well onwards and upwards as they say.

Comment

The team did us proud! Yes we should have been ahead by more than one at half time- but that’s football- we reached the semi final of the world cup for gods sake! The world cup!! ⚽️
                  All i can say now is VIVE LE FRANCE!! ALLEZ LES BLEU!! 🇫🇷 🇫🇷🇫🇷🇫🇷
                  Beat those dirty croats!! Watch mbappe tear them apart.
                  Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                  Alwight tweacle?

Comment

We blew that last night, it was obvious the middle was being dominated by the Croats and that's where you win games, he should have flooded the middle of the park and stopped them playing.
                    Without Manzukic and the other fella who looks like a skeleton with a pulse (can't remember his name) they cannot function as an effective force.
                    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

• That's a cop out!!..Yes we would have settled for a semi final place at the beginning..at that stage our route wasn't planned out..we had the easiest route in the history of the world cup and blew it..end of

Comment

• What is a cop out is cheering for another country because you don't like the way your own is playing. End of

Comment

• lol...lets agree to disagree

Comment

• The worst thing about last night was giving that little Genius Modric acres of space,he ran the show after half time and that was our downfall along with facing a hugely under rated Croatia,there a top side.
                            OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

• To me we have done well but we should have rung the changes last night and brought in a few changes. For example Cahill this is a very inexperienced side and to have him guiding the back line would have helped also Deli hasn't done enough despite all the hype. Also remember what Loftus Cheek provided when he was brought on in an earlier game just wonder if the old adage if it ain't bust has backfired has cost us
                              John

Comment

• Last 2 posts are bang on...Modric is a good player...that's why he's at Real Madrid..and Croatia are a good team, but after their previous two games they were a good knackered team and we failed to capitalise massively..whilst we were passing it back, they were taking a rest!..I'm no manager but I can't believe I'm the only one seeing it...guaranteed the french will have them running around and fire the ball up to Mbappé as often as possible...somehow think it's gonna be the most one sided final and pretty boring too.

Comment

Working...
                                X