Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ⚽️ World cup 2018 football thread ⚽️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you can only beat what’s in front of you,good performance me thinks.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

I agree Mart, played and managed the game well. Just a slight concern is the lack of goals we've scored from open play. We've scored 8 goals so far and only 2 from open play and that's counting Harry's fluke today! We need to be a bit more clinical, but we're playing some really good stuff. Should be a cracker against Belgium

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo61 View Post
        I agree Mart, played and managed the game well. Just a slight concern is the lack of goals we've scored from open play. We've scored 8 goals so far and only 2 from open play and that's counting Harry's fluke today! We need to be a bit more clinical, but we're playing some really good stuff. Should be a cracker against Belgium
        Be like a premier league game

Comment

We've done really well but we now face the best squad in the World Cup imho. However do we want to win this game?
          John

Comment

100% see where your coming from,but I would be so disappointed if we don’t give it a proper go,the last 16 game will be against a good team,Senegal impressed me

Comment

Blinding game! How on earth did panama keep 11 on the pitch- i’ve never seen blatant fouling like that in my life.
              Our boys did really well to keep calm.
              Very impressed with the passing,movement etc.
              Still not impressed by sterling tbh. Trippier has been very good. Credit to kane for keeping cool after all those cuddles from the filthy panama defence.
              Bring on the belgians!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Can't be critical after a 6-1 win..but again Stirling contributed nothing unless we class that as an assist for Stones's second!...Trippier has been exceptional with his crossing and Stones has been top drawer too...Belgium shouldn't be a problem cus Lukaku can't score against decent opposition..unfortunately De Bruyne can!!

Comment

We should be playing to try & beat Belgium & finish top, It's tricky what with other groups being far from settled till their last games re who we end up with in the next round.

We need to remain/be positive, not thinking we don't want the likes of Brazil, Germany etc - just keep in mind, teams like them - don't want to be drawn against US either!!!

We could definitely be a fly in the ointment for all still left in.
                  Last edited by martin56; 25th June 2018, 12:02 AM.
                  [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

Little Sterling just needs a goal (which almost came to fruition) he'll then be ten foot tall re confidence.

He WILL be playing against Belgium, now we've already qualified. Harry must play the next game as well, it would be churlish of GS to deny him a chance of the golden boot and of course being team Captain. (but for those 2 reasons, might have rested him)

GS seems to have the knack of being "One Of The Lads" but at the same time, the players know who's boss!!

It's one Match, one result from there on in.
                    Last edited by martin56; 25th June 2018, 12:30 AM.
                    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

does not matter where we finish, IF we want to win the cup, we got to beat the best at sometime !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gotta play to win every match.

Comment

Originally posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
                        We've done really well but we now face the best squad in the World Cup imho. However do we want to win this game?
                        I.M.O John
                        I believe that if everyone has done their Job back stage so to speak ,the Team should not want to scrape though,
                        They should want to give 110% & Win every game .
                        After Belgium its a straight KO Competition
                        The England team have Surprised me to be honest, i expected a Draw with Tunisia & a win against Panama.
                        I have been very impressed with Gareth Southgate the 1st England manager for many years ,to show any enthusiasm
                        & passion .,he seems to finally have the dressing room behind him ,
                        Lets not get Carried away as the Tournament Evolves.
                        England are going to need all the luck in the world to progress in the knockout rounds
                        So far its been easy, Panama were No better than thousands of Sunday morning teams
                        all over the uk.
                        Yes i am cynical but i Love my Country
                        To see our National Side competing ,with the Great National teams & actually believing we can win, would be a dream
                        come True
                        Colin

Comment

Totally agree Col..Southgate has been such a surprise with his enthusiasm it's great to see..when he was announced as manager I thought "oh no here we go again, same boring bloke"..Pundits are saying we haven't beat anyone of substance yet, but we can only beat who we play, which we have..It's turning out to be one of the best World Cups ever (or is that just the feel good factor with England doing ok so far)..Bet Vardy was cheesed off...he finally gets on the pitch and England reverted to the "square and back" game which we all detest...don't think he touched the ball!

Comment

Having just watched France and Denmark what a disgrace. They have both conspired imho to have a bore draw so they both go through. Stil fancy Belgium but England are very much in the mix so bring it on
                            John

Comment

What an utter disgrace. Argentina play rubbish in the first two games they manage to scrape through. Iceland is a far better team and should have gone through.

Maradonna should also be investigated for his celebration that was shown live on television (but Maradonna being Maradonna nothing will be done)
                              Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Comment

Does DM have an official role in the national side?? if so then yes, there should be an investigation.

If not, then he should be just written off as the complete arse he really is. Not to mention a drug addict (maybe a reformed one now??) & a cheat for the hand of god thingie)

More like just the hand of one cheater. The world is simply laughing at him.

Yes, probably one of the best players of all time but will sadly be remembered for all the wrong reasons when he's gone!!
                                Last edited by hurricane; 5th July 2018, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X