Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 ⚽️ World cup 2018 football thread ⚽️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunisia & Panama should not be holding England @ 1-1 after 91 minute ,for Christ sake.
    I obviously must have been watching a different Game , Because i thought the performance was very poor !!
    The Standard of refereeing is once again poor .I was under the impression that this VAR was to check all activities in & around the Box England should have had a Penalty i Each Half when Kayne was physically wrestled to the ground .This is a common occurrence these days. Everybody does it .& it seems as if FIFA & FA condone players grabbing each oher around the Neck or Waist. & physically refrain them .Any contact of this kind is a penalty. If Refs gave them everytime a defender grabbed an opponent that practice would stop overnight .
    England could now Scrape through the group stages courtesy of a draw or 1 nil win against Panama
    Belgium will win the group unbeaten England should end up 2nd with 2 wins ,
    But i for 1 won't hold my Breath
    Colin

Comment

Like I said above Col's post, we could be far better off by finishing 2nd on this occasion.

Who in their wildest dreams envisaged Germany & Brazil getting off to a poor start.
      Last edited by martin56; 19th June 2018, 12:20 AM.
      [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

Can't do the Maths, but can a team finish top of their group after losing the first game??

May be possible but highly unlikely.
        Last edited by martin56; 19th June 2018, 12:40 AM.
        [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

if they win both thier other matches yes
          Colin

Comment

It does seem that, for the first time in donkeys years, these players now have a manager they actually want to play for!!

Comment

I was Proud to @ Last see an England Manager Show some Passion & Excitement. when his team scores
              I Have never rated Gareth Southgate ,nice Bloke but not a good manager .
              i Really do hope that during his time with an International set up with the youngsters
              It's not the same as club football I hope he does a great job,
              He just needs to forget what happens @ Club level.
              It's about maintaining consistency over Short periods impact managing for short tournaments .
              Motivating your Squad from star to Finish instilling the Belief in every 1 of them they Can & will win the Tournament.
              At the End of the Tournament Win or Lose It's Over Forget it & Start again ,New Squad New Approach
              Then & only Then will we win a trophy
              Colin

Comment

Good result in the end- but what a rubbish ref!! All the shoving,time wasting by the tunisians went unpunished.
                Sterling proved again he can’t do it in an england shirt. Who let young take the free kicks? he was awful.
                But 3 points- great start. Roll on panama! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
                Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                Alwight tweacle?

Comment

He should go with Rashford and Loftus-Cheek
                  John

Comment

Argies stuffed 3-0 tonight.

Another "Top Team" all but out!!

What with the Gerries & Brazil on a sticky wicket, ow't could 'appen!!
                    Last edited by martin56; 22nd June 2018, 01:33 AM.

Comment

We've got a "Pub Team" Sunday so should coast to the knock out stages.

Comment

Luca Modric,a little genius ⚽️👍🏼
                        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Can the Gerries expect many favours from the French VAR team after what happened to them during the war??

I'm just saying!!

Comment

That pillock ought to be horsewhipped for giving away that free kick at the end

Comment

Bleeding Germans.....
                              OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Could be an interesting last game - Mexico lets Sweden win by a few?, wouldn't that be awful for Germany!!

South Korea kick the Krauts up in the air for fun as they're already more or less out!!
                                Last edited by martin56; 23rd June 2018, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X