Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

what would you do if you won the lottery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you do if you won the lottery

Ok guys/gals,
    we have all dreamed of it but have you thought what you would do if you won the lottery?
    how much would you want to win?
    would you pack up work? ( make sure the money is in the bank before you tell the boss where to go)
    do you think it would change you as a person, hard to say really i suppose. i'd like to think not myself.

personally just enogh to pack up work, pay the mortgage off and buy a nice house etc. although i don't know what i would do but you would have to do something or you'd crack up.
    i would look after the family and my close mates who have looked after me in the past . some of who i have not seen for a while but would never forget what they did for me.
    cheers
    mouseman

much the same as you mate - but i'd buy some land and dig a big hole fill it two thirds with fish and top it up with water and fish happilly ever after with a big dome over it in the winter like say the eden project .......would that work ?
    Sean Hanrahan

Comment

yes mate, sounds good.... you wouldn't have to worry about having to pay £10 every time you go fiishing thats for sure...you never know..good luck.

Comment

Probably have a chauffer who also had to pack my kit away after fishing, as I hate packing up and I could also kip on the way home. Would also see if I could get a season ticket to tricky trees lake.

Comment

Breed hamsters
          [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Be careful what you wish for.
            My best mate at school got £5.5million from his trust fund at 19. 3 years later he deliberately drove his Ferrari into a motorway bridge at 120. Dead.
            He'd done everything he could think of, and didn't want 50 years more of doing the same things. Funnily enough, I can relate to that.
            Money doesn't make you happy, but it does let you be miserable in nicer places.

Comment

Instead
              [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

I'd pack in work and emigrate to ireland,buy an audi r8 and a range rover for me tackle.The missus would want an house somewhere warm,irelands too cold for her.

Comment

It would be difficult not to go mad, but I would be happy to win "just enough" to pay off the mortgage and help out some friends and family. It is remarkable how you can get by if you need to tighten the belt. One thing I would not do is be too greedy and risk losing the lot.

Comment

I'd do the usual pack in work and sort the family out and get a nanny for the kids etc then I'd pay for a certain Mr Ringer to give me a couple of weeks tuition in the art of fishing. Then buy the big house on the right as you drive into Lindholme and fish every other day and try get some of my money back. I did think about buying Lindholme but who needs the aggro, Neil does a great job but it looks like hard work to me so he can keep it and i'll just fish it. I might even let the wife pack work in and move in with me, but i'd have to think about that for a bit longer.

Comment

I'd cut down on the overtime a bit, invest most of it on beer and women and then just fritter the rest!!!
                      Last edited by tackle tart; 5th November 2009, 05:31 PM.
                      I got a new rod for the wife. I'll miss her, but it's a quality rod.

Comment

Its very dfificult to know what you would do and if the money would change you. To damn right it will change you, you can buy the things you only dream about and do things youve never been able to before of course you will change but will it be for the better? I came from a poor family back ground all be it a happy one. Ive worked damned hard all my working life and done quite well for myself. On the way Ive lost touch with most of my mates and missed out on what I think are the best years of your life when you are young enough and fit enough to do any thing you want to. I was driven by money. All I can think about now is how to give some of it back. If I won the lottery I would open a fishery and teach people how to fish and get the most from fishing and the rest of my money would go in to helping others less fortunate. I think I would like to buy property to accommodate and then rehabilitate people back in to society. People like drug addicts, kids that have been abused and people with learning difficulties. One thing that is really close to my heart is the need to help our soldiers out after they leave the armed forces. These people have given their all defending this country and I think it would be the least I could do for them.

Comment

Nice house, Ferarri, Lambo, RS4, and a Range Rover for the tackle, I would also dig a hole in the garden and fill it with fish and a little water. Other than that I would live life no differently than I do now. I wouldn't give up work as I enjoy my job, although I could do with less deployments!!

Oh and I may part-ex the wife
                          [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]18 TIMES AND THATS A FACT!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

spend it.
                            [URL="http://www.steve-hawk.blogspot.com"]http://www.steve-hawk.blogspot.com[/URL]

Comment

id buy a big bungalow with a big bit of land so my dog could go on her own walkies ,then i would buy my self a job to keep me sane lol

Comment

Working...
                              X