Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Site suffering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site suffering

The site seems to be suffering from its former glory and im fairly sure its down to the slow posts and replys, at least two different error messages coming up.
    anyone else finding this?
    River anglers Go with the flow.

The rebuild didnt work,The original idea of a submission of a few quid should be reconsidered Imho.

Comment

I’m having same issues rick
      Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Comment

The problem is facebook has taken over, this site started to become nothing more than a selling site, when the sales pages were given greater prominence than any angling chat. Its a known fact that the more clicks you have to make to find something, the lower the interest is born. Sorry to say that my interest in going fishing has dropped to nil due to family comittments so I dont post as often as I did, then theres very little to comment on.
        This site was at its most active when a few matches were being run especially in the Midlands, however once Larry Teepot and Myself stopped running them. its dropped to one match a year, namely the weekender which we are lucky if anyone posts about that even.
        As far as the speed is concerned I have fairly regularily cleaned the system cache which seems to help, must admit that forgot to do it last weekend.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Got to agree with Brian,Face book is quick,user friendly.Every Angling forum has suffered.
          OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Mart I did not say facebook is good in fact it bloody awful, and apart from using it when the site is down, to relay messages, fishing stuff on facebook is the bit between tons of adverts and. just plain crap. Forums like ours have a lots of history going back 10+ years, which can be searched. Facebook its here today and god knows where in an hour.
            My view is its time to close many of the sections of the site down , and simplify the front page. With Angling Talk at the top and as with newspaper classified ads somewhere inside, truth is the biggest percentage of the users only post in the ads, I wonder if any of them go fishing.

Comment

Face book is a great platform for angling though,that was my point
              OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

This site has been dying for the past 2-3 years, same 6-7 names posting, all the rest just sellers.

Comment

The site could be Re -- named A Few Old Friends
                  Colin

Comment

Im sure the time delay puts a lot of posters off commenting Brian.Posters who would normally throw there 2p into the pot so to speak dont bother now since the rebuild.Maybe facebook has had something to do with it but, cache clearing doesn't clear up the delay,error messages,timeouts.
                    Im not having a go here by any means.Im just saying what I see as a regular poster.If these issues are resolved Im sure the content will improve.

Comment

40 seconds to post my last comment
                      My test for my connection is 90mbps Download
                      14.5mbps upload.
                      latest version of apple imac installed.
                      Last edited by Bob Fott; 5 days ago.

Comment

Bob I have again cleared the cache, and I am now running another maintenance procedure, to see if that helps, the problem is Oneabung seems to have little interest in the site. yet is happy to fund its operation. Sadly I am no computer boffin, and only understand enough to get by.

Comment

My above post took little more than a second to arrive on here. No its not the other maintenace procedure that speeded it up, thats Still runnning

Comment

Time test

Comment

Whatever your doing seems to be working, that test took about 4 seconds, hope it carries on Brian ????

Comment

Working...
                              X