Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Woodhouse Grange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodhouse Grange

Hi chaps,

Went to woodhouse grange again this week, Heron pool.

Fished OK but being new to the area I thought it would be an advantage for me to fish long past everyone else... who was I kidding, all the locals fished at between 4-6 meters and I chose a line at 10M ... I had found a nice little drop off and decided to concentrate my main attack there - thinking with the sudden drop in temperature the fish could have moved into the deeper water.

Some of the locals fished floating pole (a method I really dont like for various reasons) I dont mind people using it if they really cant hold the pole like pensioners etc but otherwise you should hold it IMHO - and as for putting 20 extensions on and poking it up to far bank features where is the skill in that - the skill should be using a rod and line to do a job like that ... anyway enough of my ranting!

To cut a long story short I cocked up... and I knew this after a couple of hours but decided to stick to my guns and see if i could get my line to pay off as there is nothing worse than trying to do catch up once you have been fishing another method for long enough that you know its or bust.. eventually got a few fish lined up in the last hour but nothing like what i should have had - about 25lb... the match was won with 84lb fishing paste at 4M... anyway the venue is ok - need to get to know it alot better to win there though. Anyway you live and learn..
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Deajevu

Think u have just described above just about every match i fish Simon

Must try harder
    [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Its been a bit hard moving up here from down south, so many of the venues are completely different... its all about the feeding and I'm not finding it easy adjusting from feeding heaps of bait and attacking venues to cutting it right back - it just seems up here nobody feeds a great deal of bait, mind you its a change to turn up on an open and the pools are only £12 and that includes the pegging fee!
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Working...
      X