Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

British Conger comp success!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Conger comp success!!!!

As some of you may be aware, this past weekend was the British conger club annual competition in Plymouth. 45 ish anglers on 6 boats held over 2 days.

Saturday - Day 1 - Great weather, boats supposed to leave at 0600. Our boat didn't turn up until 0700. Noone told the skipper of the time change - foul play suspected.Haha. Fishing wrecks and ground around 15 miles off. Various rigs and baits made their way to the seabed but we had a hard day fishing. Best anglers on the boat were myself and 1 other with 7 fish a piece. Others with 3's and 4's. Luckily we found out that other boats were having an equally hard time. Phew!!! Best angler of the day - 10 eels best eel landed 40lb 7oz. Very beatable.

Sunday - Day 2 - Boat on time View attachment 1093043 Hard fishing again but managed to win the boat with 9 eels. When we got in tensions were high as the results were tabulated, but I had managed to secure myself the top spot and won the daily trophy for most eels. My fair catch on day 1 also meant I won "most eels overall" at 16 fish. This success helped my 4 man team to win the team shield with 36 fish. My best eel was 42lb but escaped out of a scupper as I went to get my camera. Great weekend fishing. 199 eels caught over the 2 days, best fish landed was 53lb.

Lots of pictures on here: https://www.facebook.com/20192789480...2321116449010/

I really recommend people get involved with the British Conger club. They are a great group of guys and the knowledge shared is excellent.

John
    Sadly there is never a lot of info or news on T/A
    Dont Sea Fish Myself ,but enjoy reading about all types of Angling that is relevant to the UK.
    Congratulations on 2 consistent Performances to Secure a Creditable double & Overall win
    Also well done to you & your mates on a fine performance to secure th Team event
    Well done ,Why not make a habit of posting results or reports of your sessions
    I bet there a few out there that would be really interested
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
      John
      Sadly there is never a lot of info or news on T/A
      Dont Sea Fish Myself ,but enjoy reading about all types of Angling that is relevant to the UK.
      Congratulations on 2 consistent Performances to Secure a Creditable double & Overall win
      Also well done to you & your mates on a fine performance to secure th Team event
      Well done ,Why not make a habit of posting results or reports of your sessions
      I bet there a few out there that would be really interested
      Thankyou very much. It was a difficult weekend but a great experience. The guys at the British Conger Club are a great bunch. I do post catch reports every now and then when I can, I occasionally post videos of my sessions also. There will be a couple coming up in the next few days once I have finished editing them.

Comment

Working...
      X