Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Heres how I make my traces, how do you make yours?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heres how I make my traces, how do you make yours?

Here is how I like to make my predator traces - and some of the reasons why. How do you guys prefer to make yours?
    https://youtu.be/2IR1PYrH_tE

john, i do much like your 2 hook treble trace. i do the simple std loop and been reliable for 30 yrs, we all have our own way/confidence set up. the only difference i do is: my distance between the hooks is 4" (1 in the tail root and other half way down the flank of the bait) it helps to avoid deep hooking although if a fish wolf it down quick not much you can do. good video for those who are learning the ropes on trace making.
    Lee Davison, Period Furniture Restoration, Carpentry. In Norfolk.

Comment

Originally posted by norwich lad View Post
      john, i do much like your 2 hook treble trace. i do the simple std loop and been reliable for 30 yrs, we all have our own way/confidence set up. the only difference i do is: my distance between the hooks is 4" (1 in the tail root and other half way down the flank of the bait) it helps to avoid deep hooking although if a fish wolf it down quick not much you can do. good video for those who are learning the ropes on trace making.
      Thanks for your comment mate, its always good to get other peoples ideas. I started to use the Flemish eye because it is what I have to use when making my shark traces. So I simply started using it throughout my predator fishing. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X