Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

River Steeping matches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
    Seems like you got back just in time mate
    1 Fish later you'd have come 2nd😉
    Yes Col, plus the 2 small skimmers that dropped off before I could grab them--and the 2 X 3oz roach that I tried to swing and dropped off.I fully expected them to cost me..so that why I was so shocked at the weigh in.
    Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

Comment

Sunday 11th March Dovecote
      1st Brian Blackamore 7lb 9 oz 2 Bream and 2 small fish -3g lolipop and maggot
      2nd Kev Hutchinson 1lb 1oz small fish on bomb
      3rd Mark Cook 0. 13oz small skimmers pole and maggot
      4th Dave Dean 0.11oz
      5th Kev Wilson 0. 7oz
      The conditions really seem to be conspiring against us this year--despite it being a pleasant day weather wise, the rain we got friday, filled the river with mucky water and it was running hard,, the opposite to thursday where the river was in good condition and the weather was horrendous.
      Brian was the only one with the right gear for the job on the day, he actually lost 3 very good Bream before he landed one, and won easily
      Kev went on the bomb late on a picked up a few small fish.
      We will be having a final fling match on Wednesday 14th-but there is more rain forecast for monday night so I expect that will put paid to any hope of a decent match, added to a strong S/E wind ,it looks like it put the tin hat on a bad last 3 months.
      PS: Alec and Derek took one look at the river and decided not to bother.

Comment

Wednesday 14th March Final Fling match --9 fished at Dovecote
        1st peg 9 Brian Blackamore 3lb 15oz two Bream and a few small Roch--pole and maggot
        2nd peg 1 Kev Wilson 3lb Roach -whip and pinkie
        3rd peg 3 Pete Harker 2lb 11oz Roach pole pinkie
        4th peg2 Mark Cook 2lb
        5th peg 8 Andrew Stanley 1lb 14oz
        6th peg 5 Derek Skinner 1lb 9oz
        Brian got among the Bream again, on a very difficult day with the river still well coloured from Mondays rain, Kev and Pete picked up the odd Roach all day, with everyone else really sruggling, even though it had a nice steady run all day,, It was avery dissapionting end to a season where the river hasnt been right many days since Christmas, with a lot more bad days than good ones.

Comment

Working...
        X