Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

River Steeping Matches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STUART WHITING View Post
    Mmm......from what I've seen of late Derek it appears that pinkie is the way to go at the moment
    Maybe because I`m the only one that seriously fishes punch, and I cant draw for toffee at the moment,
    I`m still bagging up pleasure fishing.
    Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

Comment

Originally posted by daskin View Post
      Maybe because I`m the only one that seriously fishes punch, and I cant draw for toffee at the moment,
      I`m still bagging up pleasure fishing.
      Oh that's good Derek, as long as yer still catching 👍🏻

Be lucky mate

Comment

Sunday March 5th result, 12 fished pegs 1-12
        1st peg 12 Bob Smith 4lb11oz
        2nd peg 1 Len Shucksmith 3lb 8oz
        3rd peg 2 Alec Rawlings 3lb 4oz
        4th peg 6 Mark cook 2lb 12oz
        5th peg 8 Steve Garrard 2lb 10oz
        6th 3 Richard Bond 2lb 6oz
        The conditions were horrendous with the wind and rain in the face of all apart from a few pegs --pegs 1-3 backwind, pegs 6--10 were terrible and 4, 5, 11--&12 slightly better,, I wasnt even going to set up on peg 7, but made a bad decision to give it a go, and after 20 mins it started to rain and the wind got really bad, and after an hr, I was wet through, my hands were frozen, and it was almost impossible to fish any method, I had about 10 small fish, nobody had much at that time--so I threw in the towel, it took me about 1/2 to get my hands warm enough to drive home.. I spoke to Bob tonight and he said it stopped raining and the wind dropped after about 3 1/2hrs and made it easier. hence they actually caught a few.
        Bob on end peg AGAIN
        Last edited by daskin; 6th March 2017, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Enjoyable this fishing game at times eh, conditions don't you just love em.
          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Matches On the Steeping tomorrow 13th and Tuesday 14th March,, Draw as usual, Wainfleet market place 9am prompt.

Comment

Originally posted by daskin View Post
              Matches On the Steeping tomorrow 13th and Tuesday 14th March,, Draw as usual, Wainfleet market place 9am prompt.
              14th match cancelled due to lack if interest

Comment

Sunday 12th march result fished at Dovecote,8 fished
                1st peg 1 -Bob ( end peg) Smith 7lb 3oz
                2nd peg 8 Alec Rawlings 6lb 12oz
                3rd peg 2 Ian Brodie 5lb 11oz
                4th peg 7 Richard Bond 5lb 8oz.
                I wasnt there so dont have any other weights

Monday 13th March Dovecote 7 fished
                1st peg 7 Ian Brodie 10lb
                2nd peg 1 Len Shucksmith 7lb 3oz--including a 3lb Bream--he lost two more.
                3rd peg 6 Mark Cook 4lb 12oz
                4th peg 2 Alec Rawlings 4lb 11oz
                5th peg3 Pete Harker 4lb
                6th peg 5 Don Green 2lb 12oz
                ME guess where I was-youve got it --smack bang in the middle again peg 4 2lb 10oz--spent over 3 hours without a bite
                Why we had to fish Dovecote I dont klnow, the wind howling downstream,and sun in your face for the first 3 hrs or so, made it very difficlut and other sections are much fairer, and lees windy--lol

I had a last fling Tuesday afternoon on the town section, its not been match fished this season,,even though I only caught very steady--I still ended up with 208 fish for 15lb 8oz
                thats where we should have been on Monday.
                Last edited by daskin; 15th March 2017, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X