Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

2019 Onwards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Onwards

The weekender is a precious thing and in some ways the best thing I do in fishing every year. I questionned a couple of things this year and would like to explain.

Changing the rules for the weekender has to be thought through and decided before people put their names down, not on the morning of the first match. Let me clarify, I am not talking about how the match is run e.g., pegged out etc, that is the perogative of the people who give up their time to get things done. I did it for three years and it is a thankless task, I am talking about how we sort out the uneven teams. Over the years, some guys have always been willing to volounteer to fish for other teams including Roy and Gavin in order to try and even the teams up. How we currently sort out any remaining gaps is not neccesarily the best way but it is the way we have done it for some years. That is why I objected to the proposed change, I was fully aware that some people thought I was being petty and in the end the way we did it left us with two additional 3 point sections so did not affect the overall result anyway. If the way we sort this out in the future is changed then lets discuss it now so everyone is aware before next years lists go up. Some suggested dropping worst weights, some suggested that an empty peg should be a DNW and therefore a guaranteed 3 points. It is a fun weekend and teams do tend to suffer last minute dropouts, in the past I have got people to fill in for us at the last minute but that caused issues last year. There is no perfect way.

Weighing in needs to be as accurate as possible, rounding up and down may make it easier for the people doing it, particularly with the spring scales, but ounces make a differnce. One section was decided by 2 ounces yesterday. I was asked to take my scales this weekend, I did so but they were not used. They are digital scales and hold on the weight so the person ‘calling’ the weight is not making a judgement call. They will be available in the future.

I thought the location of the accomodation and fisheries this year was the best ever, 5 minutes to one fishery and 4 minutes to the other, well done everyone involved. The fishing was hard but that had nothing to do with the choice of venue as they are both good on their day.
    Last edited by TonyP; 10th September 2018, 01:33 PM.

Been waiting for the dig about the weighing.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Guys please dont loose sight of the fact that the match is not for the World Championships, its about 30 ish guys getting together and having the craic, once it becomes to set with rules half the fun will go. The after match entertainment is as much about the weekend as anything from what I can see, I was jealous when I saw the pic on FBook of the lads in the bar. Please try and keep it so that the rule book dont rule the match.
      Many thanks to the lads who put the effort to run this match, I just wish I was younger and could have joined you

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Priceless

Comment

Enjoyed this weekend but didn't seem to have the same atmosphere as past years this may have been that at the venues pegs couldn't see or hear next door or a few lads that were missing? I agree with Tony on the rules but I believe we have to come up with a plan soon to make sure we can sort teams maybe set teams of 6 or 7 and then any one after that has to go on reserved list to fill in other teams first ? Or maybe make sections bigger? have a new random team to even numbers? As always it was great to see u all and great job to everyone that sorted it for us 😘

Comment

Originally posted by Solidgavlar View Post
            Enjoyed this weekend but didn't seem to have the same atmosphere as past years this may have been that at the venues pegs couldn't see or hear next door or a few lads that were missing? I agree with Tony on the rules but I believe we have to come up with a plan soon to make sure we can sort teams maybe set teams of 6 or 7 and then any one after that has to go on reserved list to fill in other teams first ? Or maybe make sections bigger? have a new random team to even numbers? As always it was great to see u all and great job to everyone that sorted it for us 😘
            Friday and Saturday were strange because you just couldn’t see or hear anyone else, something to bear in mind going forward maybe. Sunday was much better for me as there were 5 other lads who I could have the craic with. Mark and I had a laugh all day, very enjoyable.

I like the way you are thinking about the teams Gav, just what we need I think some new ideas

Comment

Any individual results or pics ?

Comment

Team result
                1st North
                2nd Midlands
                3rd Sarff
                Individual
                1st overall Rob Cooksey 186-1oz Midlands
                2nd. Jordan. 132-15. Sarff

3rd. Spadger. 122-13.North
                4th. Joey. 98-8 North
                Some proper lumps came out Sunday at Barston,Packington on Saturday fished patchy or Peggy call it what you like,I personally thought they was both fair and excellent venues for the weekender.

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
                  Any individual results or pics ?
                  I have got pics,just can’t post them on here due to the uploading process being crap

Comment

Mart Email them to me see if I can put them up,

Comment

Originally posted by MT NET View Post
                      I have got pics,just can’t post them on here due to the uploading process being crap
                      http://talkangling.co.uk/fishing/sho...d.php?t=483722
                      Try this or check your pm from me.
                      Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Bri,I’ve sent some on messenger to you,in the meantime I will try myself,if not Pete can have a go😃

Comment

Comment

I got them Mart Just trying to move them to my lap top, It used to be easy to put a photo on here now you need a masters in computer sciences lol

Comment

Cheers Bri,leave it with you.👍

Comment

Working...
                              X