Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

2021 Weekender

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever is Decided is Fine with me
    The only way to do it is to Rotate it
    i didn't fish down south last time due to Working in Spain
    Looking forward to going North 2020 & South 2021
    Colin

Comment

If everyone agrees then let's get 2021 back down south- but please remember the accommodation and peg fees will be more,but if everyone's happy to go with that I'll start hunting around for venues and hotels etc.
      personally I would choose one or two out of gold valley/old bury hill/willingshurst/willow park,which are all in Surrey and easily accessible.
      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Very true Roy. As you all know I only 2 out of the 3 rotation. Would be nice to have something in the south but as we all know the big commercials are very spread out, and we are nowhere near as lucky as you midlanders!!!. My vote lies with viaduct or Todber for 2021.

Comment

Viaduct can't happen in 2021 Adam- Roy's already been on the case. Todber is one to look at,for sure.
          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Don't know the feelings amongst everyone
            But how about after 2020 we look for venues that can cater for us over 2 Days
            Rather than looking for 2 Venues
            There are so many venues that can offer us Great events in the future .
            Gold ,Willow ,Bury Hill .loads more, That we can all fish the same water ,instead of Fishing any split matches
            Larford last year seemed to be more relaxed.
            Its only an Idea What does everyone else think ?

Colin

Comment

Part of the attraction is fishing in everyones backyard. Hoping we get to fish in the North West next time we are in the mighty north. I also think that the ‘true’ weekenders will travel wherever for a great weekend fishing with mates.

Comment

Todber is still 100 miles from my place. I'm on holiday in two weeks, I will make enquiries then. They have on site accommodation so will see what they can do.

Comment

Hi Guys - just to give some feedback from my initial contact with the Viaduct (ref Paul’s post).

The problem is with our weekender date in early September as this is a very busy period with visiting groups ( like my own group ) that book the whole week Sat to Sat in the lodges and also Carries and Cambel lakes from Monday to Friday. Then there’s the issue of Hotel accommodation in the village of Somerton which is a little sparse so our group would be spread over several B&Bs. Also Steve (owner) doesn’t mind moving his mid week opens onto Lodge or Spring lakes but I imagine his regulars would not be too happy to be shifting lakes at the weekend as well.

Viaduct lodges and Lakes could be available to us but it would mean moving our date considerably and this would then cause all sorts of issues with non attendance etc.

So I don’t see this venue as an option, sorry to disappoint some of us.

AB

Comment

Originally posted by adzt View Post
                    Todber is still 100 miles from my place. I'm on holiday in two weeks, I will make enquiries then. They have on site accommodation so will see what they can do.
                    Hayfield and lindholme although in the north are just as far as travelling to the Midlands for me. I personally dont mind where this weekender is, fishing, fun and friends for life.

Comment

Working...
                    X