Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

2021 Weekender

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Weekender

Just returned from a 4 day weekend at Westwood Lakes in Lincolnshire. This has to be a contender for a future weekender. Several lakes on site, three of which could accommodate the numbers so Friday, Saturday and Sunday could be on a different lake each day. Superb self catering lodges on site that can sleep up to six people but we share between 5 as it’s two twin rooms and a double in a six berth. Cost for the four days is comparable to what it costs for those who travel to each region after taking into consideration hotel rates etc.

Would be a different weekender in some ways but the on site bar and cafe are really good and there are a couple of good pubs close by.

I mention it now because the bookings for 2021 are open in January so we would have to be on it straight away. If it is a thought then I suggest groups should be organising their lodge groups and be ready to book after Christmas.

Westwood lakes sounds good mate- if the lads fancy it then I'm up for that
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Bit of a drive again!? like the idea of lodges though think a few of the lads have mentioned the same sort of thing at viaduct?

Comment

plenty of Fisheries' with Lodges all over the UK .if thats what the Fellas want ?
        Personally think they are a good Call .
        In support of the above post it is a very Long Drive for everyone concerned ..
        Specially those from the South .

B
        Colin

Comment

To be honest viaduct is still 2 1/2 hours so dont mind driving really but was mentioned that a few were upset at the the location, think the south team need to clash heads and sort out a venue like Clive has done for next year and Tony and Roy have done in the past. Maybe team captains choose venues on rotation to keep it fair even if its not in there own reigion?

Comment

That would get my vote Gav as the idea of getting around the country fishing different venues is appealing and for sure everyone should get the chance to fish in their area as well as travelling. Westwood Lakes or any similar venue would be great for the weekender as everyone would be together for fishing and social.

Comment

Westwood isn’t to bad to get to for the south really,so I’m happy to go there,but would like to get back down south at some stage
              OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

From a Midlands point of View !
                All the weekends should be fished in the Midland's .
                The Beers Crap up North & not only Worse down South ! but Twice tthe Price .

Seriously though i think its only fair to all concerned to Rotate the Region every year .,
                North ,South .Midlands . Some Natural Venues may even get a look in .Who Knows .
                Real Fishing Bream Silvers etc
                Instead of 300 lb F1 Fish races ?
                Colin

Comment

Todber in Dorset as an option for a southern venue!!

Comment

Decoy?

Comment

Originally posted by adzt View Post
                      Decoy?
                      Been there a few times, never found it to live up to the hype, very strange owner and peggy as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyP View Post

Been there a few times, never found it to live up to the hype, very strange owner and peggy as hell.
                        Sounds perfect! ????

Comment

Fished Decoy a few yrs ago .I said I would never go back after the 1st time
                          Somehow I went back twice more .
                          What a Dump & the Prat that runs the place "what can you say ? "
                          Strange don't cover it !
                          Plus you would have to have 2 of the big pools & still struggle to get 15 on each
                          Pegging must have been done by Stevie Wonder
                          Colin

Comment

This is my view after the change of venue we had this year - 2021 weekender needs to occur in the South of the country regardless of team numbers, venue or hotel costs etc etc. We all have to budget for an expensive weekend every two years and yes I’m aware that some of the southern team have to budget to high expenditures every year due to the vast area you are spread over, the same may apply to some members in the North. To maintain our special bond with old and new friends will in my opinion only continue if it is seen as being as fare as is possible (not easy I know to please all).

Costs have risen immensely since we first started and I dread to think what some of you guys spent this year whereas it cost me and the majority of our squad very little in comparison. - this competition will soon wear thin if it’s costing several hundred pounds each year for the same members.

Of course if the South team choose (collectively) to forfeit their home turf then so be it, but please ensure it receives 100% full backing.

Just my my opinion guys - democracy lives on

AB

Comment

Good post Roy,yes it is expensive for the travelling teams,but i look at it as my annual week away from the wife so it’s well worth it.
                              OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Working...
                              X