Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

2019 TA weekender venue change details- please read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 TA weekender venue change details- please read

Evening all
    we've decided it's the right time to change the venues completely for next years weekender- hopefully you'll be pleased with what we've come up with.
    i know there will be some that will shoot it down in flames but we've gone with the majority of opinions on the other thread as to what to do.
    In most people's opinion the best weekenders were always the ones where we were based at the Gainsborough hotel in Kidderminster- the hotel has always been good,very convenient for a lot of local venues and central for more people to travel to.
    Im waiting to hear back from the group bookings department later next week about prices for the hotel- I'll open a new thread when I get these details.

now
    fishing wise we've gone with larford for the 2 competitive matches and also the Friday knock up.
    For now we've booked 40 pegs each day, so we have plenty of room- assuming we get 30 fishing- if we get less we can take the number of pegs down.
    the Friday knock up will be on the match lake- with 30 pegs on the grass bank and 10 on the burr bank
    saturday we are on the speci lake- again 40 pegs booked for now
    sunday we're back on the match lake with 30 pegs on the grass bank and 10 on the burr.
    believe it or not- with the extra pegs we've booked- this is still cheaper than we were paying for Colman's and Tyler's- another reason for the move- more pegs equals more space which in turn equals better fishing, which is what we want.
    hopefully everyone's happy with this big change- please comment below and be honest- remember this is everyone's weekender and we want it to be brilliant again.
    im pretty sure we'll be hitting bewdley on the Saturday night- always a good craic.

so to re-cap the dates
    Friday 6th September - Friday knock up on larford match lake
    Saturday 7th September - day one of TA weekender on larford speci lake
    sunday 8th September final day of TA weekender on larford match lake

we're going to need to pay 50% deposit for the venue upfront, so we'll be opening a thread up during the week with the PayPal details so we can get these paid in.

thanks for your time and We hope this suits everyone

we'll start the list of names again below

team south

Paul k
    mt net
    big si
    adzt
    Solidgavlar
    mark tester
    jordan
    graham
    London chris

midlands

Abramis Brahma
    angus campbell
    swainey
    big col

north

spadger
    spickup79
    crg
    mike williams
    bernard ball
    chris boave
    keggars
    Last edited by paul k; 1 week ago.
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Makes total sense to me,good job Mr K.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Well done Paul in changing the location of the weekender, it always made sense for it to be held in the Midlands, Ok the Brummies and Am Yams benefit the most, but at least now no ones got a 300 mile trip. Hopefully costs will be reduced to those in the South and a full turn out will ensue

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

You know my thoughts mate and can't wait.
        Last edited by CRG147; 1 week ago.

Comment

Plus I have 3 other definates in Mike Williams Bernard Ball and Chris Boave who have sent me their deposits which I will send to you when you confirm things.

Comment

100% the best idea.. not just bc I'm a yam yam but bewdly was deffo the best craic

Comment

Bewdlley also produced the funniest repost from Seb....Do I look alright,I’m in a feckin wheelchair.....comedy gold..
              OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Anyone remember this place?

https://king-henrys-taverns.co.uk/as...Menu-Oct18.pdf

burrrp!
                Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Put Keggers down on that there list Paul, the lure of Larford and especially Bewdley has wet his whistle...

Comment

Oh really? Nice one!
                    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I'll be capping the teams at 10 each this year lads
                      can you pass the word on to anyone that normally fishes it but doesn't come on here much- we don't want any of our regulars missing out.
                      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Great work Paul. Thinks it makes complete sense keeping it in the midlands. I take it we can go ahead and cancel rooms we’ve booked at the Rivenhall Hotel?
                        Steve

Comment

Don't travel too well these days.
                          Thats great news for me.
                          Please put me down
                          Team Carling ( Drinking For England )

Comment

Originally posted by spickup79 View Post
                            Great work Paul. Thinks it makes complete sense keeping it in the midlands. I take it we can go ahead and cancel rooms we’ve booked at the Rivenhall Hotel?

All done mate! I cancelled the group booking yesterday.
                            saying that- you may want to check- rather than getting a phone call in September from them asking about payment .
                            Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by SWAINY View Post
                              Don't travel too well these days.
                              Thats great news for me.
                              Please put me down

Nice one rob
                              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Working...
                              X