Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Next years weekender (2019) please read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next years weekender (2019) please read

afternoon all
    i've opened this thread to get some feedback on next years weekender.
    theres been a few of us chatting and the subject of moving it back up to the midlands next year has come up.
    this is how it was originally- staying at the gainsboro and fishing larford plus one other local venue. Personally I preferred it that way- there's so many other decent venues up that way and imho it always worked out well. Cheaper peg fees,hotel prices,beer prices- and the Saturday night in bewdley always ended up a great addition.
    so,what I'm asking is a general consensus from all weekender participants as to wether we should scrap the Essex venues and book into the midlands again for next year. I know it's all booked up- hotel booked etc,but personally I much prefer the whole gainsboro hotel craic we had for the first few years.
    2020 is all booked up to be held at heyford and lindholme and will remain the same.
    whats your opinion- be honest and open.
    nothing is set in stone.
    thanks for your input in advance
    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
    Alwight tweacle?

Got no issues with the midlands,all I would suggest is get the guys with local knowledge to book the venues,so we can blame them if there poo.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

I'm happy with that Paul sure the old man will be there whatever

Comment

Suits me, it's a hell of a haul to Essex for me but would of gladly done it. Midlands is a great nexk of the woods with loads of good water.
        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Any of the local lads know anything about furnace mill or willow marsh?
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Ermmm,Furnace mill,been there never again

Comment

Ah yeah- forgot we'd been there Mart! Lol we'll leave that one then
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Let?s revisit the first ever weekender,Larford and Solhampton ,gets my vote

Comment

Willow marsh is Simon Shaws patch

Comment

Willow marsh is a great venue especially on dragonfly with massive carp in it. Fished it 3 times now and loved it.

Comment

I'm good with a return to the Midlands - And don't mind helping out with the venues. I also think Bewdley had a great atmosphere and was the icing on the cake for Saturday night curry / pub crawl.
                      I also think Meadowlands fishery and a Hotel in Leamington Spa could be the perfect match - but I would have to check availability on the fishery first.

happy to go with the Flow

AB

Comment

I?d also be more than happy with it being moved back to the the midlands. Really enjoyed staying at the Gainsborough and Bewdley is great for a night out. I?d really like to fish Larford again if we could all be pegged on either the match or the speci lake. Has anyone checked availability there?
                        Steve

Comment

Just spoke to Guys at Larford and the 6th 7th and 8th of Sept are all available for any of the lakes.

Comment

why not use same Venue both days Match 1 day ,Speci the other
                            But dont forget pegging for opens where all the Big weights are caught is every 2nd or 3rd pegs
                            put every peg in & No one would catch
                            Colin

Comment

Paul,
                              do you think there would be any interest in a River version of this somewhere in the year, maybe the running water lads on here could put there hands up if interested ?
                              River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Working...
                              X