Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

New Garmin Striker 5CV with ClearVü and GT20 Transducer £270

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Garmin Striker 5CV with ClearVü and GT20 Transducer £270

Hello,

I bought this Garmin Striker 5CV fishfinder on 12/12/2017. Realised I made a mistake as I needed SideVü feature as well. That comes with the £600 Striker 7SV.
    Now I need to sell this and get myself the 7SV.
    I am attaching garmin web page on this model for full features.
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/59.../010-01872-01#

Buy with confidence. Warranty started on 12/12/2017 (my purchase date) and lasts 1 year.
    The device was never used and it's brand new.
    Price is £270 and I will post within the UK for free. I accept PayPal, anyone interested, contact me through the forum website or e-mail: m.6496@hotmail.com

Pictures:
    IMG_3747.jpg
    IMG_3748.jpg
    Garmin.jpg

Won't they exchange it for the one you require?

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
      Exactly what i was thinking mate.
      Something not quite right here- and all i’m seeing is a box and a library picture.
      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
        Hello rjays,
        Yes that's another possibility and they accept it until January 2018.
        It was originally bought from France, I would have to pay for shipping back to France. If it doesn't sell by then, I will do that.

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
          Exactly what i was thinking mate.
          Something not quite right here- and all i’m seeing is a box and a library picture.
          There's nothing that's not right, why do you have to proceed straight to that conclusion ? I'll open the box and post more pictures for you then.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearfisher View Post
            There's nothing that's not right, why do you have to proceed straight to that conclusion ? I'll open the box and post more pictures for you then.
            Firstly the product youre offering is extremely unlikely to be of interest to the vast majority of members on this forum,as most are match anglers.
            Secondly,although we don't have any restrictions regarding length of membership or number of forum posts before being allowed to advertise items for sale we do monitor them all and first time posters offering high priced items are viewed and if there seems to be Anything untoward one or more of the moderators will ask questions or at least make their presence felt.
            Our members are given advice regarding what we consider best practice for buying on the site but on occasion members have been subject to scams and with this in mind we simply want to make every effort to ensure all sellers are reputable.
            Regards Peter.
            Take nothing but photographs,leave nothing but footprints.

Comment

Ok here’s why i proceed straight to that conclusion-

1. There are no pictures of the actual product- if i went to the trouble of posting up pictures i would have a pic of the actual product- not a box and a google library pic.

2. It’s your first 2 posts on our forum- high value equipment, no introduction by yourself.

3. Your email address rings alarm bells- most people would have their name/company name not just a sequence of numbers and letters.

4. I’m a moderator on this forum and our number 1 priority is looking after our members- some of whom have been stung before by new members selling high value equipment at knock down prices.

Do you see my concerns?
              Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
              Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Ok, thanks for all responses. I get your points so I'll try to break it down into a sensible flow of answers as paul did.
                1) Here are the pictures. Sorry for it being late, this is the time I come back home from work.

2) I am a 22 year old Cypriot Spearfisher (freediving and fishing with a speargun) studying engineering in the UK. I am doing my placement year in an engineering company in Hitchin. Fishfinder will be used to find new locations (i.e: rocks) to dive. 5cv doesn't show whats around and it shows only whats under the boat. No good for me. I probably will end up returning it back to Garmin as that is not an issue other than me having to pay for a trackable postage (expensive).

3) My e-mail doesn't ring alarm bells. I signed up for it when I was 12. m is my initial 'Mustafa' - 64 is my dad's birth year '1964' - 96 is mine '1996'. What else do you expect from a 12 year old..

4) I bought this with a discount code. That's why the price is lower than new. There's no scam, anyone who's interested can visit me for collection where they can view it hooked up to a 12V DC power source and see everything working. No need to be concerned, item sold on eBay but the buyer hasn't paid for it. That's why I tried the forum and that is the reason my first two posts are these. Just before this becomes suspicious, let me explain. I can not relist on eBay now as I need to get the listing price refunded. There's no need to argue, just listed a proper item on your 'Sell an item' page....

Comment

Why are you bothering Pussy footing about .
                  The protection of the membership is more important .
                  Remove the Post & terminate the Seller !!
                  Enough of our valued members have been conned in the Past & lost Money or Equipment
                  How about making a ruling that before being allowed to sell anything on here that the member should be active for a period of up to 3months.
                  It's about time something was done
                  If the New member doesn't like it Tough ,there is always some other site that wil have them.
                  Colin

Comment

I agree with COL. I had been a member on here for around two years before I considered even trying to sell any items
                    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Comment

Ok, thanks for all responses. I get your points so I'll try to break it down into a sensible flow of answers as paul did.
                      1) Here are the pictures. Sorry for it being late, this is the time I come back home from work.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]16203[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]16204[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]16205[/ATTACH]

2) I am a 22 year old Cypriot Spearfisher (freediving and fishing with a speargun) studying engineering in the UK. I am doing my placement year in an engineering company in Hitchin. Fishfinder will be used to find new locations (i.e: rocks) to dive. 5cv doesn't show whats around and it shows only whats under the boat. No good for me. I probably will end up returning it back to Garmin as that is not an issue other than me having to pay for a trackable postage (expensive).

3) My e-mail doesn't ring alarm bells. I signed up for it when I was 12. m is my initial 'Mustafa' - 64 is my dad's birth year '1964' - 96 is mine '1996'. What else do you expect from a 12 year old..

4) I bought this with a discount code. That's why the price is lower than new. There's no scam, anyone who's interested can visit me for collection where they can view it hooked up to a 12V DC power source and see everything working. No need to be concerned, item sold on eBay but the buyer hasn't paid for it. That's why I tried the forum and that is the reason my first two posts are these. Just before this becomes suspicious, let me explain. I can not relist on eBay now as I need to get the listing price refunded. There's no need to argue, just listed a proper item on your 'Sell an item' page....
                      I would buy it but I am still waiting for my inheritance from my long lost Nigerian uncle.

You can relist it without having to wait for the fees to be refunded.
                      [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/rover220coupeturbo/ta3.jpg[/IMG]

Effort = Success

Comment

Working...
                      X