Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Help dacron connectors or plastic connectors and advantages.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help dacron connectors or plastic connectors and advantages.

Hi all I have just bought a new pole as I am getting back into fishing after a few years break and need some advice on the above. Many thanks.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain' !!

Dacron connectors all the way mate

Comment

Originally posted by browner View Post
      Dacron connectors all the way mate
      What are the benefits of this as I have never used dacron connectors. Thanks.
      Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain' !!

Comment

Dacron connectors are my choice. You don't get as many tangles round the connector, it's easier to slap the rig over and it doesn't clatter the pole like a standard connector if a fish comes off mid fight.

Comment

Very little in it for me tbh.

Dacron is neater and less tangle prone when turning a rig over due to keeping line away from the tip of the pole. However, I have had a couple of issues with it biting into the elastic but there are several ways of attaching it some of which avoid this.

Stonfo connectors are easier to attach rigs to imo and that is about the only benefit. On the down side they can tangle easier and seem a bit clumsy after using dacron.

I have dacron connectors on all my top kits now and wouldnt go back.

Comment

Stonfo connectors

Comment

Thanks peeps think I will go 70-30on my kits and see how I get on. Is it easy to attract the rig?

cheers once again.

Comment

Dacron is also more direct as in it dangles down in line with laggy and not stood out the lentgh of the connector forming a hinge point
                only a small one but i hit loads more than when I used stonies

Comment

Truth is Not many Match Anglers tend to use Stonfos Much
                  Dacron seems to be most popular
                  It creats a nice tidy unobtrusive connection its also very light.
                  I used them for Years on Canal rigs etc
                  But 99% of the time i now use Stonfos easy quick & Robust
                  Like many things it is a personal preference ,1 way does not suit all
                  Colin

Comment

Cheers again all,
                    I have decided I will have 1 kit with dacron on my 8-10 laccy to see how I get on with it.

Comment

Dacron all the way.

Comment

Just tie two loops at the top of your rig instead of one,

Pull the line through the bottom loop to make a loop that you put the dacron though

then pull the main line tight which is a half hitch knot

then all you need to do to release the knot from the dacron is pull on the top loop

easy peasy lemon squeezy

Comment

Working...
                        X