Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Reel advice required please lads!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reel advice required please lads!

Right then you lot throw me some suggestions for fishing a small to medium feeder rod,must be front drag with a good line clip and between 30 and 50 quid, present from the missus for my birthday next week!!

I've been looking at the shakespeare Mach 3,anymore suggestions please......

Muchly appreciated,

Si.

Hi matey.....I've got 7 Mach 3 xt's(4 040's and 3 035) and not had a problem with any of them. For the money I don't think you will get any better. If you shop around you can pick them up for around 30 odd quid. For your requirements I would go for the 035 size but 040 will be fine. I think sports direct have got the 040 at £33 at the moment. At that price your missis may even get you 2!
    Steve

Comment

Definitely Shakespeare Mach 3 mate, amazing quality for the money, you won't be disappointed!
      Steve

Comment

Hi.

Have a look at the shimano exage, about £45, never let me down.

But like they say the shakey is a good buy.

All the best steve.

Comment

Thanks very much lads,appreciated! Any more at all boys????

Comment

have a look at the daiwa procaster x, not had 1 personally but a few lads i know got them & like them lots.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpinkie View Post
              have a look at the daiwa procaster x, not had 1 personally but a few lads i know got them & like them lots.
              agree,ive got 6,very good mid range reels
              OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Shakespeare mach 3

Comment

Anything that says SHIMANO
                  John

Comment

Got to agree with the Procter X. A small but robust reel. For £10 more would go for the Daiwa Whisker 3012 any day. Perfect for anything.

Comment

Shimano exage 4000 front drag! Say no more.
                      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Thanks lads,it going to be the Shakey or the exage,going to ring Fosters tomorrow to check stock on both,again thanks for your inputs.

Comment

I have mach 3's in 035 & 040 and for casting distance they are both about the same, but the 035's have a much better feel to them when you are reeling in. these reels are excellent and way underpriced for the qaulity they deliver.
                          Go for the 035's if you go mach 3

Comment

Originally posted by chriscalder View Post
                            I have mach 3's in 035 & 040 and for casting distance they are both about the same, but the 035's have a much better feel to them when you are reeling in. these reels are excellent and way underpriced for the qaulity they deliver.
                            Go for the 035's if you go mach 3
                            What do you mean by the 035s have a much better feel mate? I have Mach 3s in 030 and 040 size, have never had a play with an 035 one.
                            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by spickup79 View Post
                              What do you mean by the 035s have a much better feel mate? I have Mach 3s in 030 and 040 size, have never had a play with an 035 one.
                              The gear ratio seems that bit higher on the 040, I do bream fishing at 50 metres plus and the 035 with a slab on the end just perform a lot smoother, not 100% sure if it is the gearing or just the bigger spool on the 040, but the 035 performs and feels like my £120 tdr2012's

Comment

Working...
                              X