Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

wanted new suit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted new suit

Started a new suit fund recommendations or anybody got anything out there new ish want top end 07881621285

theres a guy on maggotdrowners got a prestons df8 have a look his name on there is callanmatt carl

Comment

After something a little higher spec ive got that suit its more for milder days id say pal

Comment

If you are after waterproof and breathable it has to be Goretex, it won't keep you warm though - you need to layer up under it. I use a Halkon Hunt suit and windstopper which is very good. If I had my time again I would maybe buy a Berghaus or Sprayway suit and save £200. Saying that though - I have a problem with my HH suit which is being sorted, the lifetime back-up service you get from HH is fantastic. They even sent me a suit to use while mine is being looked at - you wouldn't get that from the other makes.

If you are wanting a suit to keep you warm then it has to be one of the quilted types like Preston Celsius etc - but they will take on water in heavy rain.

Comment

If you don't want to break the bank and you see any for sale get protak been using them for years I've both lined and unlined trousers bib and brace and jackets I also have gortex but I use the protak far more .
          Quality problem is no longer trading .

Comment

Go Goretex and go yank! I have bass pro unlined jacket and trousers for summer, and Cabellas lined bib & brace and lined jacket for winter. Each pair cost less than half the rice of HH or Daiwa, and it never ever leaks, five years on! Uk stuff is way too expensive for what it is

Comment

Shep

The preston df20 did have the best numbers
              of any "off the peg" suit.. The new Drennan has just superseded
              it, think it has 5000 more waterproofing??
              Either way there both very good at a reasonable price
              I've worn my df20 in terrible conditions and never got wet..
              Stretch to the £120 and you'll get my mates suit in large
              You won't regret it..
              Effort = Reward.

Comment

Thanks for replys lads just really unsure what to do lol. Hh everyone seems is the way forward but obviously bit dearer. Not sure if large would be to big Ian. IM 5ft 8 12 and half stone. Anyone know size guides i.e daiwas big or small etc

Comment

I swear to you that's the same size as my little mate....
                  Effort = Reward.

Comment

Size wise,you would fit a Large in HH,also don't rule out Weston Tackle,they sell a suit made from Exeat,same material as Protak at around half the price of HH,
                    Weston Tri-cast Pole Jacket Leon Grant

I've got both Protak and HH,neither has ever leaked.

Comment

yeah DF20 ...I got caught out in a massive downpour in my one ...no probs !!
                      Just remember to get your thermals on !

Comment

Protak UK - Angling Clothing, Waterproof Clothes and Fishing Accessories

Comment

Ian who's your little mate.

Comment

Working...
                          X