Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Kiana goo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiana goo

Just wondered if anyone has every used these in particular when fishing the method as there suppose to be really good when fishing in the winter months, I'm thinking about trying them out and I just wanted to know if their any good and make a difference as there quite pricey for what they actually are cheers

a little goes a long way,so you only need a thin coating on your feeder.

Comment

theres a bit on u tube about making your own ,the worrying thing is the flourescent side of things is a chemical used for finding drain leaks etc

Comment

yeah I've heard a lot of negative things about some of the ingredients it contains, there's also glugs from discharge baits. Its just hard to find an honest review to determine which one of the two is the best as the majority of people giving the reviews seem to have some connection to one of the companies

Comment

Originally posted by StevenP View Post
          yeah I've heard a lot of negative things about some of the ingredients it contains, there's also glugs from discharge baits. Its just hard to find an honest review to determine which one of the two is the best as the majority of people giving the reviews seem to have some connection to one of the companies

All you have to ask yourself is this,regardless of any connection,promotion any angler may have with kiana/korda goo.if there was any slightest chance however slim that it was a health hazard in usage,would they seriously risk their health on something that is just a hobby.?

it is not like taking drugs,steroids etc with other sports activities,that some may do to enhance performance.

Comment

Originally posted by TIDALWAVE View Post
            All you have to ask yourself is this,regardless of any connection,promotion any angler may have with kiana/korda goo.if there was any slightest chance however slim that it was a health hazard in usage,would they seriously risk their health on something that is just a hobby.?.
            Do you remember chrisodyne dye that was used to bronze colour maggots ? hundreds of thousands used to use that stuff week in and week out only to find out years down the line it had serious health implications , only time tells with exposure to chemicals and that applies to everything we come across in our lives.

Comment

no one has proved that they use fluorescent just rumours !! both korda & kiana will have done there own field testing, but then again I have heard of several ponds banning them..

Comment

In short I can honestly say that I haven't had 1 bite on the stuff so I won't be buying again .

Comment

Originally posted by rd350lc View Post
                  Do you remember chrisodyne dye that was used to bronze colour maggots ? hundreds of thousands used to use that stuff week in and week out only to find out years down the line it had serious health implications , only time tells with exposure to chemicals and that applies to everything we come across in our lives.
                  Chrysodine & the other one to dye maggots red was rodamin. But I remember coming home on many a Saturday afternoon after fishing the Thames & we were going out for a meal in the evening & my fingers were bright orange & nothing would remove it.

Then we heard about Clive Smith a top river angler in the Midlands & Kenny Giles best mate who died from cancer & it was believed linked to chrysodine & thats when things changed.

If there is any chance that any bait is carsogenic (spelling might be wrong) don't use it
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X