Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Generic No.4 section for protype 260

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generic No.4 section for protype 260

Hi all

As the title suggests I am after a generic no.4 section so I can use 10 top kits from another pole with my current protype 260. The internal bore of the female end of the top kits is 18mm and the male section of my current no.4 is 22mm.

I know someone on here has offered to make me an adapter so may go for that option if it is cheaper

Regards

Preston_Mark
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Bump
    Mark

Comment

Anyone?
      Mark

Comment

Bttt
        Mark

Comment

Gone with the option of the Adaptor
          Mark

Comment

Possibly managed to make myself an adapter from an old snapped topkit

Would I need to wrap the cut back end to strengthen it?

Regards

Preston_Mark
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Preston_Mark View Post
              Possibly managed to make myself an adapter from an old snapped topkit

Would I need to wrap the cut back end to strengthen it?

Regards

Preston_Mark
              Yes Mark ,
              there are a few ways to do it ,
              you can use whipping cotton ,& varnish over it to seal the whipping
              I have even strengthened joints with 1" masking tape as a quick fix & ended up leaving it on
              Wrap from the end up the joint overlap the tape approximately 1/2 " @ a time spirally
              about 3 " up the adapter & coat with 4 or 5 layers of varnish .it will last for ever
              Colin

Comment

Thanks COL
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X