Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

want Daiwa Tournament whip 8m

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want Daiwa Tournament whip 8m

Daiwa Tournament whip 8m or Daiwa Airity Whip: 8m Whip

sorted got the daiwa air.

Comment

For some oddball reason...(on ebay) Tournament whips are more expensive than the Air....despite being about 20yrs old!!

Comment

Rob, the tournament pros are not 20years oldI think your thinking of my whip the Tommy Pickering Conny whip at 8m

John
        John

Comment

Cult following, I have the airity whip and use the tourney extensions when I wanted a tourney couldn’t get one was then told the airity was a just a rebadge so got that much cheaper discounted at fosters but couldn’t get extensions so I managed to get a set of nearly new tourney extensions for £130

Ive seen tourney whips sell for over £500 before now
          here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

just paid £470 for daiwa air

Comment

Lol....John..I may have been a tad flippant with nearly 20yrs old....certainly 14 tho....time flies!!.......two Tournament whips 8mt on the bay last week were asking for £500....got to be a cult thing....I'll stick with my Trilogy whip

Comment

Originally posted by Smudger View Post
                Cult following, I have the airity whip and use the tourney extensions when I wanted a tourney couldn’t get one was then told the airity was a just a rebadge so got that much cheaper discounted at fosters but couldn’t get extensions so I managed to get a set of nearly new tourney extensions for £130

Ive seen tourney whips sell for over £500 before now
                if anyone would like to give me over £500 for my 'as new' tourney 8m whip i might be interested ????.

Comment

The ones on the bay were "buy it now" £500...don't know if they sold though

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
                    Lol....John..I may have been a tad flippant with nearly 20yrs old....certainly 14 tho....time flies!!.......two Tournament whips 8mt on the bay last week were asking for £500....got to be a cult thing....I'll stick with my Trilogy whip
                    How much is a Trilogy Rob &; how does it compare weight wise?
                    I have been considering using a couple of 8m telescopic whips ; like they use on te Continent
                    Can't afford to buy expensive take apart whips
                    It will give em something to have a laugh about
                    If they are good enough for Milo Columbo good enough for me
                    Over to Rick b ,to take the Pee
                    LOL
                    Last edited by BIG COL; 1 week ago.
                    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by mart16 View Post

if anyone would like to give me over £500 for my 'as new' tourney 8m whip i might be interested ????.
                      I’d whack it on that auction site you never know what you would get I watch some poles go for crazy money with more breaks and repairs than one would like and chuckle at the stronger than new comments as you would expect it to be with double the carbon and weight. Off topic I know just wish I had a tourney whip I’d sell it at that price and buy a clearance airity and a load more kits
                      here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

The strange thing is the Tommy Pickering 8m Conny whip that I have is circa 1995 and is a little bit lighter than the Airity whip. I believe all of them come off the original Conny mandrel.
                        John

Comment

Col...I think it's lighter than all of them, but stand to be corrected....certainly stronger tho...and British made!!...it's not telescopic...(only top 3's)...cost me about £320 for 8mtr + £90 for 1mtr extension...(Bobco tackle during christmas sale 20% off)....Daiwa are quality whips tho, and have great re-sale value.... the only main diff to some people is, the Tricast only goes to 9mtrs

Comment

Rob
                            I am considering getting a couple of Cheap 8m Carbon Telescopic Whip's £48 each !!
                            Jan Porter taught me how to fish Long to Hand many years ago & he always believed that for that type of fishing they were perfect
                            The last time i went Fishing with Jan was @ Arley the year before he became ill .
                            We both fished With an 8m Cougar telescopic pole that he had been sent to review .
                            they were very strong ,capable of lifting a 5lb weight off the Floor @ full lengfh.
                            That day we both caught over 25lbs of Roach & Dace ,35lbs in Jan's case .
                            Although we both had Pike attacks we were able to lift virtually everything clear of the water & Swing
                            Very enjoyable outing ,using Budget whips , & i remember the Feed back forms were all positive
                            Due to the fact that i might only use a whip rarely this may be the answer
                            If it's something i use a lot ,i can always upgrade @ a later date.
                            Colin

Comment

Cant beat these, on offer at Ann Summers at the minute

River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Working...
                              X