Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

River Tame - West Bromwich area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Tame - West Bromwich area

Ive been hearing rumours of people catching chub from the Tame in the West Brom area - both at Bescot, and where the Newton Road passes over the river. Anyone heard anything about it?
    Real men fish rivers

yes mate i have caught small chub roach and hybred roach bream from by the balancing lake forge mill farm

Comment

thanks Keef - i was in Fosters a few weeks back and someone mentioned it in there. I had a walk down there with the dog last week, and it does look nice.
      Real men fish rivers

Comment

Originally posted by Keef View Post
        yes mate i have caught small chub roach and hybred roach bream from by the balancing lake forge mill farm
        thats nice to hear keef but what methods you catchin on?

Comment

i was told maggot in fosters, dunno what method though
          Real men fish rivers

Comment

small stick float and maggot
            i have seen chub to 2pound caught but that was last winter when i first saw someone fishing i must be honest i never thought i would ever see a fish come out of that river now one was more shocked than me

Comment

Keef - are the fish spread throughout the length or just in certain areas?
              Real men fish rivers

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Care View Post
                Keef - are the fish spread throughout the length or just in certain areas?
                no mate the river is to shallow if you walk down the river you will find some areas with about 3 to 4 foot they are the best when at normal leval

Comment

Been fish in the Tame around Bescot for years, when i worked on railway, we used to walk over and watch em, small roach, chublets, minnows etc, always looked nice between flyover and footbridge where two rivers meet, and just below footbridge. never plucked up the nerve to fish it though lol. The scenery never appealed to me !!!!

Comment

well, I'm going to have to have a go at this!!! dust off the normarks, abu's and stick floats!!!
                    Real men fish rivers

Comment

ive seen small fish in the river at great bridge and thats a cesspit lol

Comment

Sounds like the old days John, Must admit having spent the bank holiday in Evesham you do get the urge to
                        get back on it mate ?....................
                        TEAM PRO LINE

Comment

sometimes mate yes.....still got all my old stick floats and some wags too, how i miss having bronze coloured fingers every Monday morning!
                          Real men fish rivers

Comment

Evening, I know this is a very old thread now but was wondering if the op or anyone fished the tame in West Brom recently? I was driving up the newton road earlier and the stretch that goes under the road looks fairly decent and was wondering if anyone has any info? thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X