Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Boldings Fishery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boldings Fishery

Hi All,

Anyone with any info on Boldings Fishery Bridgnorth would be greatly appreciated. We are there for a week in 3 wks time just wondered what they are catching on and what lakes are doing the business, any bait bans in place.

Regards Billy boy.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸ ><((((º>
    ><((((º>
    .`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Im after some advive for there to, I will be fishing on the beech pool. Im up there in a fortnight, really looking forward to it

Comment

there are plenty of results on here for you to look at... http://www.midlandanglingnews.com/-B...OLS-BRIDGNORTH
      Matt Smith
      Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the info you have made me slightly moist at the thought of those weights. I'am really looking forward to the matches we have booked. Will fill you all in on the results we achieve on my return.

Regards Billy boy.

><((((º>

Comment

Corn on the deck over 4mm feed pellet works well, alternate this with paste, meat or maggot. It is also definately worth trying up in the water if it is warm. Trick with boldings is to keep swapping and changing and keep that 4mm feed going in at a nice steady pace. Have fun

Comment

HI Fat maggot,

That is good news as I have just stocked up with sweetcorn and 4mm pellets. Are we talking margin swims or how many mtrs out??. We are on Sycamore on Monday not sure about rest of week as yet. Cheers mate for the info.

><((((º>

Comment

Im 99.9% sure that you have to buy there feed pellet, can anybody confirm that this is still the case.

I fished it about 2 months ago and the rule was you had to use there feed pellet.

I have a match on hawthorne in 2 weeks time, so if anyone can comfirm this rule would be a big help to me aswell as others who plan to fish there , plus if any one as any info on hawthorne would be a help.

Comment

well i live in shropshire and the results are allways in shropshire star its mostly paste taking the coin over pellet at about 9 mertre well thats what the paper said
                sensas /total angling

Comment

Thanks Dave,

Will have to check the pellet situation out.

><((((º>

Comment

i phoned boldings today just to check on the bans ect as im going for a practice on hawthorn tomorrow.

None of the bans have changed from when i fished it a few months ago, inc the pellet ban. You can use your own pellets on the hook, but must use their feed pellets only for feeding or making paste.

Comment

Hi .Me,

Thanks for taking the time to update us on the situation re pellets. Hope your practise day went well let us no the results please.

><((((º>

Comment

With reference to the pellet situation, The pellets are £2 a bag. I used 1 & 1/2 bags.

I fished Hawthorn pool as that the one ive got my match on, but after talking to a few of the regulars and the owner, i was told that all the pools are stocked simular and fish simular.
                        I fished for 5 hrs as i would in the match and ended up with at a guess between 50-60lb made up of 2 roach, 5 carp to the 6-7lb ish mark and the rest was made up of F1s to around the lb mark. i fed 2 lines, 1 @ 5m and a margin. I i fed pellet and fish either meat or corn over the top. I found i was getting faster bites if i switched baits ie 1 fish on corn, 1 on meat, 1 on corn, meat ect ect. On pellet shallow i had the 2 roach so gave up in favour of corn and meat. Im not the best at paste fishing so am not sure on the results as i missed most of the bites.

Through out the morning i fed the margin swim whilst fishing the 5m swim. All of a sudden i knew when the carp had moved in as all the water in front of my feet went cloudy, with swirls, fins, tails ect all showing. It time i hook a fish out of this swim i fed it whilst i played/landed the hooked fish. I had the bigger fish out of this swim.

Comment

Hi .Me,

Sounds like you had a good day mate, the margin swim seems to be the favourite once they move in. Chance for me to try my new Middy margin pole. Just out of interest what depths were you fishing at 5mm and margin. And thanks for letting me no about the pellet situation.

><((((º>

Comment

Margin swim was right up against the bank (6 inches max out off the bank) and i was fishing dead depth at 12 inches deep. They come that close in and with it being that shallow you can see them when they move in. At 5m i was fishing about 5ft deep dead depth.

Dont forget these depths are for hawthorne and peg 14, so may differ on other pegs or on other lakes. I know when ive fished dam pool the depths were very simular to what i was on yesterday.

All the big fish i saw come out were all from the margins, so yes the margins are favourite. I fed left and right at the off as well as my 5m line, then whilst fishing my 5m line i kept dropping a few pellets into my margin swim. Once the fish are in the margin swims keep feeding the little and often. Once i hooked a fish in the margins i'd drag the fish out away from the swim as fast as i could and drop some more pellets in whilst i played the hooked fish. This kept the other fish in the swim. Once the margin swim died i moved back out to the 5m swim but kept feeding the margin swims again. Once they came back in i repeated the hook, drag out, feed , land proccess. I think you'll have more success in a match with the margin swims as the caught carp go in the net, were as mine were released and shot straight back through my swims spooking any other feeding fish (if you get what i mean).

Good luck with your match

Comment

Again thanks for the info .Me.

The guys are all down for the week but with work commitments I may only manage three days, but I am really looking forward to it, I like you are not to confident with the paste so will opt for the meat /corn, may even try worm does this do any good always a good back up bait.Will hastily report back on Tuesday night with the results so far.

Thanks again mate for taking the time to type.

><((((º>

Comment

Working...
                              X