Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Riddings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddings

We have got a club match here on sunday 27 aug on riddings pool ie the match pool as anybody any info as it would be appreciated.

I have a match there on the 2nd sept,let us know how you get on!!
    Roll on friday

Comment

will do but need some info first never seen the place before

Comment

Andycarpcatcher is your man if he comes on the forum.
        Pellet shallow used to be the way forward but they banned it after a fish kill
        Catmeat and paste used to work well at the bottom of the first ledge fed with a fair bit of corn,margin for lumps later on in the match.
        Some pegs down the shallow end you have a feeder chuck to the island as well,so don,t forget your rods!
        Finally don't fish too light as there are, or were some real animals in there.
        Hope this helps a little.
        Roll on friday

Comment

I believe if you are buy the island method with mini boilie is quite good, also cat meat is doing well and sprayed meat is worth a go.

Comment

Is the pellet ban still on Monty?
            Roll on friday

Comment

Thanks for all the info yes i think the ban is still on you can only use pellet as a hook bait.

Comment

Hi we had a match there a few weeks ago and i really enjoyed it i drew peg 5 which is on the island a nice chuck to the island with a metord feeder and i had 10 carp then the rain come down and the bites stopped the match was won with 67lb not bad for a early morning match, i know they love plenty of corn

Comment

Has anybody tried using the bread on there, might give it a whirl meself ?
                  [FONT="Arial Black"]Anyone got any bread ? ;) [/FONT]

Comment

warburtons popped up

Comment

If nobodys tried it you'll still give it a whirl.
                      Hope you've got plenty of worm for next week B'head. Reigning champ on the defence.
                      It was Terry Mooney who always told me to never lie and tell the truth about how much I've caught and what on.

Comment

a lump of bread with a feeder full of punch crumb and set your hook lenght at about 6 ft so the bread is fising mid water and the punch crumb with leave the feeder and make its way to the surface, i have never tryed it but i was told to use this methord by some one who fishes the pool

Comment

Managed to come second with 52ld first was 69lb we both used corn and plenty of it not bad considering its the first time we have fished this water match time was 10am 3pm by the way try paste on the hook.

The locals who came on after us to fish the open all had liquidised bread and cage feeders plus the new rocket type and were using either banded pellet or mini white boilies, and popped up bread especially if you draw an island peg.

If you draw peg 29 move your box 2 yards to the right so you can fish down the edge to your left under the tree supposed to best peg on lake
                          Last edited by growler; 1st September 2006, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Nice one mate!!!
                            lets just hope it fishes for us on saturday..
                            Roll on friday

Comment

I have been informed that using small piece of meat up in the water like you would when fishing pellet does the business

Comment

Working...
                              X