Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Woodhouse Grange Ghost Lake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodhouse Grange Ghost Lake

Hi all,never fished this before and can't seem to find owt about it really.Hopefully some of you lovely people can shed a bit of light on the place.TIA,Jiff.

Last time I was there was around 18 month ago and it was tiny f1s mate was catching short in between keepnets on pellet.

Comment

sounds thrilling
      Colin

Comment

Thanks carp basher,hopefully they've grown a bit.Thought it was just proper carp in there,didn't know they put a load of f1's in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiff Roach View Post
          Thanks carp basher,hopefully they've grown a bit.Thought it was just proper carp in there,didn't know they put a load of f1's in it.
          Went to watch a mate fish it about two years ago. Best on day was maggot shallow for mainly F1s with a few proper Carp thrown in, for around 80lb.
          Choices, choices pal.
          Not exactly thrilling Col.

Comment

Charlie I detest F1s it was them poxy things vermin
            That finally convinced me to walk away from Commercials 5 vrs ago
            The only time I fish 1 now is the TA Weekend .
            Colin

Comment

Definitely not my cup of tea either Col. Thankfully our club rarely vote for such venues, much preferring silver fish or proper Carp venues.

Comment

Cheers Charlie,just can't seem to get any recent info so anything welcome.

Comment

Well apart from the rain it fished well.only 3 pegs could get em shalla and got just over a ton,me and mate next to me had 90lb.I fished paste all day so lost a few foul hookers but like I say they just were'nt having it shalla and just small bits in the margins.Got this lake again next year so at least I've got a bit more of an idea now.Tight lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiff Roach View Post
                    Well apart from the rain it fished well.only 3 pegs could get em shalla and got just over a ton,me and mate next to me had 90lb.I fished paste all day so lost a few foul hookers but like I say they just were'nt having it shalla and just small bits in the margins.Got this lake again next year so at least I've got a bit more of an idea now.Tight lines.
                    Not a bad match then Jiff. Was it mainly F1s ? We had a very hard match at Wetlands where Carp were showing all over, but would not have anything.

Comment

Yeah mainly f1's a 6lb carp and a couple of 2lbers.Heard they lost loads of carp to KHV.We've got a match at Wetlands soon so they'd better be havin it by then.Beeches at lindholme for me next so any info welcome.

Comment

Next time II have

Comment

Next time I'm at Wetlands. the plan is to start by feeding choppy and caster at around 10 metres, but start on Bomb and pellet. See what happens for first 20 minutes keeping an eye for signs of fish on the pole line then keep rotating depending on what is being caught.
                          On last match, I made mistake of not feeding pole line until after 3 hours when it dawned on me the Carp just were not having any. In next hour I put around 15lb of good skimmers in net from in and around my feed area. Went out on bomb again in quiet / re-feed spells until signs of fish returning. Would have walked the match if I had started with this approach. Lake was really low as only has 30" at 11 metres on peg 7. Hope it fishes better for you. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X