Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Best pole in price bracket 0-£500 RRP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best pole in price bracket 0-£500 RRP

It has been asked on several forums... but lets come up with the definative advice on which pole at which price...

Post in here which pole you use and why you chose it and what price you paid.. then we can build up a list of the preffered tools and the price people should expect to pay -

Personally I ended up with a Daiwa Tournament Pro, paid £2200 for the 16M version with 6 top kits and 3 top 4's ... had the Maver K57 for 2 weeks in which time it broke twice (one number 4 and the 13M section) and ended up sending it back for a refund...
    Browning Black magic 3
    0.00%
    Garbolino Premier Legion
    40.00%
    Daiwa Aqualite
    60.00%
    Maver Nebula
    0.00%
    MAP Lumphammer
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

£1000 pole, I would back the G8. I've droped this pole on rocks and hit the legs of my box yet havn't broken anything in 8 months (quite good for me).
    If you are heavy handed this is a good buy. Spares quite cheap as well.

Comment

I've got Garbolino Superlegion 16m comes with 3 match top 3's and 3 power top 2's, also a cupping kit and a holdall. (I would of prefered all match tops, and removed the No 1's)
      I paid £1250 for it and have had 14months, I've been really happy with it.
      Would of liked a better finish on it, like the finish on the Shimano's.
      Because it can be a bit of a pain shipping in and out in the rain.
      The other poles I considered in the price range were, the Shimano speedmaster (the original one)along with one of the Preston GIS poles.
      The only other pole that I would swop it for at the moment (If I could of afforded it)would be is the Daiwa Tournament Pro.
      Last edited by madforit; 21st August 2006, 09:22 PM.
      [IMG]http://koszog.rx8.eu/_horg/garbolino_350.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Slightly off topic, but the best value pole I've ever bought is the Maver H31. Hmm, about 4 years ago? Maybe 5 years. 14.5m, 3 match kits, 2 power kits, top 4, fighting no4, cupping kit, cups, holdall. RRP 999, 840 quid in readys. I still have it, and still use it on the cut, it's still in pretty mint nick with just one section repaired (I dropped it) I've not seen anything substantially better in the last 4 years in the 800-1200 quid bracket to make it worth replacing. I do like the G796 very much though....
        [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="pink"]Team Teepot Match Group[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Top of the line I recon the tourney pro can't be beat at the moment and bottom of the line I recon shimano technium for about 200 quid may never be beat

Comment

Originally posted by alfie
            Top of the line I recon the tourney pro can't be beat at the moment and bottom of the line I recon shimano technium for about 200 quid may never be beat
            I agree with you there Paul, I can't believe how good the Shimano technium is for the money.
            [IMG]http://koszog.rx8.eu/_horg/garbolino_350.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

The soundest advice Ive had in years was off carpmagic when I asked him about the Technium because I couldn't afford a lot, absolutely brilliant pull an house over.Ive passed the word on and know to at least 9 people buying one on his word, 5 in our club.Had the power section and extension included for £267.
              If I could afford one it would be the Speedmaster.

Comment

I reckon the tournament pro is over rated myself when I had a look at the new speed master and compared it to the t.pro there wasn't much difference @ 14 1/2 mtrs.
                http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

Maver Resolution - 14.5m paid >300 GBP inc delivery.
                  Totally new to the pole game, and managed to break the bottom of the power top two with a 5LB carp! Hopefully Maver will be replacing this ASAP.

Hasn't done a lot for my confidence in pole angling - but we'll see.

Comment

have the diawa tourn pro 3 spare top fours 2 power tops, 2 short no 4 half x superb pole had the tourn X before but this pole is even better.

Comment

preston cm 90 16mtr 7 power 3s , 10 match 2s , spare no 4s . £650

Comment

diawa tourn is the best on the market but try tricast solid made poles but dont drop it on your foot

Comment

ive got shimano technium as well cracking pole for the money i was the same couldn't afford much £199.00 for mine

Comment

I find it difficult to justify spending more than about £800 on a pole. Spending the extra obviously helps you to fish longer lengths more comfortably, but the occasions where you need to fish further than 14.5 m are few and far between.
                            Most big weights tend to be caught within the range of medium budget poles.
                            I personally use a Garbolino Premier legion which I bought second hand for £300, and I find it ok up to 14.5m. It does become a bit too heavy for me at 16m, but I always think that if I need to fish that far out I'm on to a loser anyway.

Comment

I still use my old Maver Retribution and it is in reasonable nick as I haven't fished that much in recent years. Paid £800 for 13m, a spare match kit and a couple of powers.

I've picked up plenty of poles since in the same price bracket and considering the new technology, I haven't noticed a massive difference in the more recent models. Oneabung hasn't let me have a dabble with his Pro yet but one day I might get to have a try.

However, the bst value for money pole I've ever picked up has to be either the original Maver Deliverance or the Shimano Technium. Superb poles at the £200-£300 end of the market.

Comment

Working...
                              X