Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

16 M Pole £1500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 M Pole £1500

Hi no doubt this has been asked many of times but here goes.

Looking around £1500 for a new 16m Pole - Currently have a Sensas 544 cost around £650 and looking to upgrade .

My question is that is there going to be much of a difference between a pole around £1200-£1500 and a pole around £1700 - £2000 ?

Looking at a sensas 655 has anyone got on and what are they like?

Its either that or a daiwa G20 reason being daiwa and sensas spares are quite reliable to get hold of unlike other manufactures. ( My opinion btw)

Going to be fishing mainly commericals and very rarley be on canals and rivers so after a pole with a decent bit of power since I will be going for small fish as well as 10 + lb carp and what a pole that can do both.

Hi mate have a look at a middy xk55 I went to buy a g20 and ended walkin away with the xk55. In my opinion the xk55 is better if u r wanting to fish 16m for long periods. Also spares are quite easy to get hold of

Comment

For that money ians fishing tackle are doing a 2013 maver series 6sx for 1299

Comment

Either buy a G20 or Whisker......or wait for a second hand Tourney pro x or Airity if you've got £1500-£2000.

Comment

I love my Whisker...and I have tried most of the poles in that bracket, GXR3600 is also underrated with a great spares package.

Comment

you cant beat tourney pro x there a great pole I agree if you can hang on then a second hand pro x or airity cant go wrong mate

Comment

If you want to keep the top kits. Sensas 774 I'm sure they interchange.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

they do fit mate I used to have 874 there all intrchangable yes 774 good pole strong as an ox

Comment

for sheer quality and spares package browning z8 would take some beating and a bit of change for extra top kits, cheap spares from pecheur.com or amazon.

Comment

someone selling map 801 on site for 1600 better than anything mentioned

Comment

Appreciate the comments but really against getting a second hand pole to be honest just down to personal experience from myself and many other people I know. Its going to be between a sensas 655 and a G20. For the type of fishing I do been told the G20 would be more suited and is stronger than the whisker (again peoples personal opinion ) . After a sensas or daiwa just for the fact I know I can get spares quickly unlike other firms could take far too long. Not had a look at that middy or the z8 but will have a quick look before I make my mind up. The only problem I have found with the G20 Is the inter-elastic kit really not a big fan of them.
                      Regards to the maver pole I am not a fan of them to be honest.
                      Also not that bothered about keeping the kits from my old pole and the 774 i think is abit old now but thanks for the advice . Same with the 874 really good pole but for the places I go I'd be abit hesitant due to the carp I'd be using it for and the 874 I feel its probably stiffer but is less powerful .

Comment

Get the 801.

Comment

to be honest mate you'll not go far wrong with a g20, several of the lads I fish with use one and all think it's the ideal allround/carp cruncher which seems to be more what your after, a lot of good deals around at the mo as well.

Comment

But the 801 is better and there's one for sale on here at a good price. The spares package is very good and extra spares are easy to get hold of. Alot of people say the 801 is better than the tourny pro. You should definitely try the 801 in a shop before you buy anything else.

Comment

must admit that 801 looks like it'd be a good buy for someone, personally I'd never shell out for a brand new pole, theres to many on the market secondhand that've hardly been used in all price brackets, the z6 I bought last year looked like it had never seen the light of day but it was 400 quid cheaper than new!
                              that 400 has bought me a lot of spares and topkits.

Comment

Working...
                              X