Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Short feeder rods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short feeder rods

I'm looking to get a short feeder rod for close island work,possibly an 8' or 9 rod for small method feeders.
    I've been looking at the matrix carboflex and carp master,has anyone used either of these ?or has any other ideas
    Cheers scott
    Scottmckenzie furniture&kitchens

team daiwa tdf rods are fantastic for the price but the shortest is 10ft. How about a beastmaster 9-11? I've heard mixed reviews on the carp master rods tbh.

Comment

Tri-Cast 8' wand.

Comment

Hi

Watch out if you go too short, they make controlling the fish at the net a bit problematic, especially if you get a bigger fish on.

Having said that I use the Drennan 10 footer for most of my feeder fishing.

Paul

Comment

I have a beastmaster 9-11...great for short chucks on commies

Comment

for the money the browning force are great rods they do an 8ft, the tricast wand is exellent but expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Angus Campbell View Post
              I have a beastmaster 9-11...great for short chucks on commies
              Another vote for the above rod - perfect tool for what you want. The original 9-11 commercial beastmaster was a AX model and came with 3 complete top sections. Then replaced by a BX model, but only came with 2 tops. The BX is still a top rod though and there's not much difference between the two versions. Can't comment on the Speedmaster range?.
              Tip - keep a look out for the AX in the for sale sections, I've just picked up my third one, that's how good I think they are.

Comment

Gaz I have 5 of there rods browning commercials and there spot on!!!

The wand I used on bolingey few years back and was spot on!!!!

Plenty on ebay cheap,plenty power

Comment

Colmic 9ft Pro Feed flat butt and supplied with three tips, .5, 1 and 1.5 oz. further tips available in 2 and 2.5 oz this rod is around £48 50p and the tips are priced between £4 to £6 each give or take the pence. All tips are f/glass. The 0.5 tip is excellent for skimmer fishing in the winter months.

Regards Steve
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-H View Post
                    Hi

Watch out if you go too short, they make controlling the fish at the net a bit problematic, especially if you get a bigger fish on.

Paul
                    I find quite the opposite, they are easier to get up and you net them at your feet.

Comment

Shimano speedmaster 9-11 is a superb rod- i've got 2
                      I've also got the tricast 8' carp wand which is also very good, although i've snapped 2 tips on wrap arounds on the cast- the tips really are ultra thin. Also have a look at the map parabolix sti bomb rods- i use a 10' one which i love and is available in 8 and 9' version. Top quality.
                      Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                      Alwight tweacle?

Comment

I forgot about the map rods, not many people have them but they're highly regarded among those who do.

Comment

Originally posted by fordysufc View Post
                          I forgot about the map rods, not many people have them but they're highly regarded among those who do.
                          Great quality mate- andy may sold me one at the big one last year. The 8' felt unbelievable, but i've got the wand at that length so went for the 10' and it's used for small to medium gb and small methods and bombs- i've had some big fish on it and it coped really well. The finish is second to none.
                          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

MAP parabollix are very very nice rods - the new Frenzee FXT's are worth a look too - i've got the 10ft feeder and its a great tool
                            [URL="http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/"]http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/[/URL]
                            [url]http://www.oldghostbait.com/[/url]
                            [url]http://www.oldghostbait.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Paul, are the map rods better than the tricasts in your opinion. I'm thinking about getting a couple of short rods and these two look as good as anything else under 10ft.

Comment

Working...
                              X