Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Drennan Acolyte 15ft plus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drennan Acolyte 15ft plus

Would this rod still be suitable for silvers? Read a few different reviews. As long as its still able to catch 4-5oz roach as well as quality fish i would be happy, guess its just use a bit more finesse.

I own Acolyte Ultras and Pluses in both 13 and 15'. In my opinion, people are wrong to think of the Plus as a power, carp or specimen float rod. I feel that the Pluses are closer to most manufacturers standard match rod. The Ultras are just less powerful versions. I consider the Ultras to be the rod to go for if finesse for smaller fish is required. I often use them when on the river targeting dace and grayling, though I'm not concerned by hooking a decent chub or trout. Chub over 5lb and wild brownies over 3lb haven't been an issue. If I were deliberately targeting decent chub, with the chance of a barbel, I'd reach for the Plus. For those only wanting the one rod, I'd suggest that the Plus is the better allround rod.

Comment

Thankyou for the reply its been very helpful. Ben offered one at a bargain price so will give it a go

Comment

I have a 15ft plus and it's a brilliant rod
        John

Comment

Working...
        X