Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Tricast Trilogy 2 margin pole vs Browning xitan extreme margin pole - which is the best short pole

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricast Trilogy 2 margin pole vs Browning xitan extreme margin pole - which is the best short pole

I rarely fish at long distances and often find i'm on small ponds, with lots of lillies hunting down the residnet tench.

I'd like a short pole that can handle these situations but also that i could add sections to if i wanted to later on (i never really fish more than 12m) and for it to be balanced enough to fish for silvers etc when fishing at full length. It needs to be an all round short pole as well as being able to handle some tight stuations. Someting thats pleaseure to fish with at short distance rather than a heavy stick.

I'm trying to decide betwen the Tricast Margin 2 and Xitan Margin Xtreme. Which is the better balanced/ lightest all round pole?

With both poles you can buy extra sections so they should fit the bill

Anyone tried both of these who could tell me which they felt was best?

If there is anyhting else that stands out then let me know

Cheers

Oli

anyone?

Comment

To find a margin pole that's fishable for silvers is a contradiction in terms..margin poles are primarily for lumps down the inside..(hence the word margin)..I know you can get extensions to 12mtrs but it may become a touch bouncy and heavy...however...out of the two I would plump for the Tricast purely because spares are available for 20yrs guaranteed.

Comment

Tricast all the way, most of the bounce comes from the heavy tip which is needed for strong elastics.

What I would personally do is take some inside measurements of the no4 (think its the 3 on Tricast) and buy some light match kits off another pole that fit, you will transform the action of the pole and be able to use it for silvers.

I have an excellence pro and a Tricast margin pole, when I put light match kits in my margin pole its as good as anything up to 11 mtrs.
        On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

I have the triolgy Xrs, used it last week for some 15lb lumps down the edge. great bit of kit.

Comment

I have Tricast Senator, great all round poles.

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
              Tricast all the way, most of the bounce comes from the heavy tip which is needed for strong elastics.

What I would personally do is take some inside measurements of the no4 (think its the 3 on Tricast) and buy some light match kits off another pole that fit, you will transform the action of the pole and be able to use it for silvers.

I have an excellence pro and a Tricast margin pole, when I put light match kits in my margin pole its as good as anything up to 11 mtrs.
              That's an interesting idea! Do you have any idea which match top kits would fit the Tricast XRS? As far as I can measure it with a tape measure, it's 20mm internal measurement on the top kits.
              Frank
              Last edited by frankg; 11th November 2018, 10:40 AM.
              Frank

Comment

Not sure mate, sensas tops fit my excellence pro. Take it to a tackle shop or ring Billy Clarke fishing spares, they will advise.
                On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Not sure mate, sensas tops fit my excellence pro. Take it to a tackle shop or ring Billy Clarke fishing spares, they will advise.
                  Thanks Spadger....have just done that!
                  Frank

Comment

By the way Spadger....how do you find the Excellence Pro for Silver fishing?.....would mostly use it at 13m max.

Frank
                    Frank

Comment

Superb with match kits and a short 4 up to 14.5 mtrs

Comment

Superb with match kits and a short 4 up to 14.5 mtrs
                        Thanks....sounds good. It's on my shortlist!
                        Frank

Comment

Working...
                        X