Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Titan 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Rick, it's called "The right to reply".
    [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

To be Grammatically correct - it's replies!!

I can do Naughty Step!!
      Last edited by martin56; 24th September 2018, 11:45 PM.
      [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

So Martin, does your latest comment ( the right to reply), only apply to your goodself?.
        Because your comment above seems to be taking that right away from other folk when you say another post when a one word answer would have done, surley we all have the right to reply.
        A lot of angling sites fall by the weyside, at least people on here feel they can have their say and join in, thats what keeps it alive, in my opinion that is.
        River anglers Go with the flow.

Comment

Guys can we just move on. i am getting fed up of reading childish tit for tat posts. This thread was about a fishing rod and has degenerated to a farce.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Everyone has the right to reply Rick, please expand so I may have a better understanding.

Moreover your comment of "Couldn't help but join in on the post eh?" (think you meant thread??) Indicates there IS No right of reply by your good self!!

Comment

Well Brian, I'm more than willing to let it go but will not be seen to back down while ever others continue!!

Let's call a truce!! - it's getting a bit embarrassing for all concerned now.

We should stop this before one of us says something we may be really sorry for.

OK, no one really gets hurt on a computer but all the same!!
              Last edited by martin56; 25th September 2018, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Fine by me, didnt mean anything which would cause for backing down?

Brian, i do agree the post was hijacked somewhat and i am as guilty of that, but we do sometimes need to air our views be they right or wrong.
                I was not about i dont think when the shout box was here first time around, is the airing of views what it was setup for?

Comment

Shake hands Rick??

Shake hands Col & Lambrettas??

Martin.

Comment

Shoutbox is a area for general chat, and the banter that goes on a thread could easily be in there. the beauty of it was it was easy to follow most of the time, only complicated if more than one conversation was going on. It was great in the early days and we had some top anglers using it, Steve Ringer, Neil Machin, Andy and Jeff Moors to name a few. Sadly it got ruined by a few who would not accept the no swearing rule.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Shaking hands is fine, but i see it as no more than bankside banter.
                      If shaking hands was required for such things, then the clubs I fish in would get no fishing done, we would all be doing the monty python secret handshake every 5 minutes

Comment

Holding out the Olive Branch is clearly lost on you Rick.

I therefore formally tender my resignation to the site.

Thank you Brian & Admin' for your support

Tight lines to all members.

Regards.

Martin.
                        Last edited by martin56; 25th September 2018, 01:21 AM.

Comment

The way i read Rick b's post,he is saying no need to shake hands,as no offence taken or meant.
                          sleep on it Martin,and come back refreshed.

regards

2TS
                          ANGLING ATHLETE, CARLSBERG TETLEY AC.

Comment

Re read the posts mate, best thing is for me to leave & let 'em get on with it.

Comment

Martin
                              There isn't anything to call a truce about
                              As Rick has pointed out if we ended up shaking hands everytime someone took a harmless tongue in cheek personally
                              we would never have time for anything else .
                              There ain't no room on the naughty step it's mine lol
                              Ive seen 2 sides to you the cantankerous awkward slightly vindictive side
                              & then the warm Friendly Generous side that i doubt anyone knows exists
                              I will never forget your offer of help a few weeks ago . it was completely out of the Blue & changed my opinion of you
                              over night.
                              If you were to ease up on the pointed remarks & telling others what they can do
                              like me asking Simon a Question on a thread that was going nowhere then you would find people are a lot friendlier
                              No Truce from me Non needed
                              Last edited by BIG COL; 25th September 2018, 04:27 AM.
                              Colin

Comment

43 members have read this thread, god knows how many visitors, i wonder what they all think !!!! no wonder no one bothers posting. Come on chaps lets end it here, and get this site back to what it used to be. No need for any resignations or olive branches. Perhaps the mods can start deleting the drivel that hijacks threads, it starts in banter, and usualy ends up with someone getting upset, we dont need it. Amen
                                Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X