Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Drennan Supplex Flurocarbon 5.5lb .20?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drennan Supplex Flurocarbon 5.5lb .20?

Having issues with this,two new spools both snapping on the the Strike down the edge,on inspection it was actually freying,sent both spools or what’s left of them to Drennan so they can have a look,anyone else had this problem.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

I have Mart, not convinced by the stuff for commie fishing TBH. Takes to much abuse for my liking and is not very durable, good for silvers and depth of winter F1 work, useless for anything else.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

isn't that one of the problems with flurocarbon is that it isn't very abrasive resistant ?

Comment

Originally posted by tedstriker View Post
        isn't that one of the problems with flurocarbon is that it isn't very abrasive resistant ?
        It would seem to be the case mare

Comment

Try the supplex rig mono mart- i’ve never used fluorocarbon but the regular supplex is good- and reasonably priced.
          Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
          Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Mart Flurocarbon is No good as main line
            I have never personally had any confidence using it for anything
            There are Anglers that use it in a limited capacity ,but its monofilament all the way for me
            Colin

Comment

This was pole rig line Col

Comment

Sorry Mart
                My mistake i assumed it was on a Reel lol
                yrs ago i was given a few boxes of it too try.
                I couldn't get on with it.
                i did use it for hook lengths on pole for a while ,but was never really happy with it
                It's a Marmite thing Mart some Love it or Hate it
                I am 1 of the Haters im afraid
                Colin

Comment

I use it for my silver fishing but I prefer the milo version ties so much better imo....bit pricey but feels much more mailable and doesn’t seem to snatch/snare it’s self as aggressive when pulling through the knot on a spade hook
                  " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Comment

In terms of line buddy I use the guru stuff mics up right and seems sound enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by Ducci82 View Post
                      In terms of line buddy I use the guru stuff mics up right and seems sound enough for me
                      just off topic Fellas
                      last week i got some 16s ,14s & 12s QM1 hooks, i seem to pull out of more fish than ever before.
                      Do you or anyone else have any problems or is it just me ?
                      Colin

Comment

Col I really rate the qm1 hooks..... I think that I have only ever lost one fish on the qm1 mate

Comment

Never lost many on them till last weekend four pulled at the net on Friday and lost a carp on Saturday but think I was striking to early and not hooking them properly

Comment

Thanks fellas i had a couple of fish just fall off on Saturday .
                            plus 2 skimmers on Sunday also a tail hooked Carp close to 20lbs
                            I will use them for a while see how it goes
                            Thanks
                            Colin

Comment

Just use Middy Lo viz for everything. Its quality line, strong and mics up superb.
                              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X