Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

The Strongest and Cheapest Feeder Rod out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Strongest and Cheapest Feeder Rod out there?

Ive seen a few on Ebay at £15 and some even cheaper and wonder what or if any of these are worth trying? Ive had 2 Garbo 9ft Rocket Pickers and had both the carrier sections smashed when hooked into creatures. I know you get what you pay for but there has to be one or two exceptions? Ive currently got a Middy the works 10ft and its the muts nuts and never let me down for just under £40 and will prob get another if No one can recommend something? I want a 9ft-10ft Rod with at least a 6lb line rating.

i watched a old lad the other day using a 15to 18to 20 ft avanti match rod he was using the rod at 18ft he had a jw young centrepin on he was pulling roach and bream out one after another, he made my arm ache just watching him lol, go for what one can afford

Comment

I had one of those avanti multi length rods, had being the operative word. Caught a snag gave it a couple of tugs and the top section exploded into 5 pieces.
      You get what you pay for, if theres a chance of something big I would avoid.
      Just got me a Shimano catana BX for £30 feels lovely but yet to give it a good go.

Comment

Try one of the shakeys mach 1/2 or 3 dependant on what you want to spend
        John

Comment

Im looking for a 9/10ft rod with at least a 6lb line rating, are the Shakeys of this size only have a 4lb rating?

Comment

take a look at the Korum range, think its the C1 its called, excellent for the money

Comment

If your happy with the middy rods then just get another, for another 20 quid or so you know you will be happy
              [CENTER][B][SIZE=1]Connor Beresford[/SIZE][/B]
              [COLOR="red"][B]Match and Coarse Fishing for Beginners and Juniors [/B][/COLOR]
              [URL="www.castandhope.webs.com/"]Home - Cast and Hope Angling[/URL]
              [COLOR="red"][B]Sonubaits 'Fin Perfect' Feed Pellet Review![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by CRG147 View Post
                Im looking for a 9/10ft rod with at least a 6lb line rating, are the Shakeys of this size only have a 4lb rating?

No,the mach 1 10ft is rated 8lb.

Comment

Have a look at the Garbolino Rocket picker mate i have got one in 9ft guise and paid 20 for it new. I have had some lumps on it and its still going atrong.

Comment

Shimano Forcemaster Commercial 10ft Mini Feeder Rod. £34.99

Comment

Sorry just re-read the original post and realise you have tried one so dis-regard my post.

Comment

hey up big fella, whatabout this Maver Abyss X Series 9ft Feeder - Tackle-Up you could get it for £31 i still owe you 2 squid mate
                        brookside anglers EX- superstar

Comment

theres nothing close to the garbolino in that price range in my opinion ive got 2 10ft pickers and never had problems although cant comment on the 9ft as i have never had one. ive also had the shimano forcemaster but the garbolino blinds it.

Comment

Working...
                          X