Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Nanofill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nanofill

Hay, can anyone give me any advice on how much backing line to use with 6lb nanofill, a rough guideline would be a start, not used to using such a small diameter line so can't even imagine a visual judgment...... (or am I just being thick):0)!!!! Cheers,mark.

I,d stay well clear of it mate. Once you put a knot in it it's practically useless. Developed for lure fishing and has practically no use for coarse fishing. Could also be classed as a braid so therefore banned at a lot of fisheries.
    One other thing. The diameters are USA standard in that 0.06 is 0.06 of an inch, it is not 0.06mm. Look closely at the spool and you will see the mm in very small obscure print.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Use the Nanofil as the backing and get some decent line instead!

Comment

Really, what size have you used, is it really as bad as that??? It's on it's way now :0/ !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
          I,d stay well clear of it mate. Once you put a knot in it it's practically useless. Developed for lure fishing and has practically no use for coarse fishing. Could also be classed as a braid so therefore banned at a lot of fisheries.
          One other thing. The diameters are USA standard in that 0.06 is 0.06 of an inch, it is not 0.06mm. Look closely at the spool and you will see the mm in very small obscure print.
          Spadger tells it like it is, not a good line Im afraid.
          John

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 1 View Post
            Really, what size have you used, is it really as bad as that??? It's on it's way now :0/ !!!!
            Have had a play with the o.02 and the 0.06. Yes they are very thin for stated BS but the minute you put a knot in it it becomes apparent how useless it is. Both 2 an3 turn loop and figure of 8 was used and it broke like cotton at the knot with the minimum of force.
            The only knot that seems to work well is the whipping knot and how often do you use that ?
            It casts like a dream and sinks as well, but clip up and launch a feeder and it will more than likely smash off at the clip. As happened to a mate of mine as he watched one guru feeder plus 50 yards of nanofil vanish over the horizon.
            Not a good coarse fishing line but probably an excellent lure line with the right knots. A pain to knot as well because its so limp. Put it on ebay and try to get some of your cash back.
            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Ok I'll try it when it gets here then prob bin it if it's that bad, I'll give feed back later. Cheers blokes ;0) !!

Comment

i was given a spool of 0.2 & 0.4 i have used both on waggler using size 16 eyed B911 direct, but whipped on not tied .
                If i tied the hook on it broke every time ,knotless knot was a bit better but also broke a few times on the strike.
                It casts better than any other line i have ever used sinks like a brick so waggler stays where it lands .
                The reason i wont use it is because its so limp it always twists on retrieve & the line just above the hook always goes into wind knot ,as soon as that happens it doesnt matter how Big the fish 2ozs or 10lb when you tighten up the line breaks .
                it is just Not Suitable for any type of Fishing other than Lures i would think.
                Colin

Comment

It doesn't even sound it would do that.
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Half man, half Octoplus, half bean wannabe test pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by luke carpstalker View Post
                    It doesn't even sound it would do that.
                    Mike.
                    I have a spool of the 0.02 if you wanna have a play around with it. Your'e welcome to it if you want it.

Comment

What's the BS ?
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Mike 0.2 is about 2.10 lbs to 3lbs !!
                        0,4 is about 4.7 lbs
                        0.6 is about 7.4lbs
                        As far as i can remember Knot strength is about a few ozs!!
                        Colin

Comment

Lol!

Dave, thanks for the offer but that's a bit light for me.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
                            Mike.
                            I have a spool of the 0.02 if you wanna have a play around with it. Your'e welcome to it if you want it.
                            I nearly bought some , any chance of a couple of metres of it to have a play with , don't want to be greedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick120 View Post
                              I nearly bought some , any chance of a couple of metres of it to have a play with , don't want to be greedy.
                              Pm me your adress you can have the lot mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X