Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Modifying a keepnet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying a keepnet

Hi Guys

A quick question

As the top ring is reversed on the Preston Space Saver Net is this the same size as the rest of the rings or is it a smaller top ring allowing it to fit in the rest of the rings when packing it away.

I have a current net that I would like to modify to create the space saver style net as I can't afford to purchase one and if I did there is no guarantee that it would be here for next Friday.

Would anybody advise against doing this, would it affect the integrity and the structure of the keepnet

Regards

Preston_Mark
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Why? What advantage would you get? Will it catch you more fish?
    John

Comment

Sorry if I haven't explained myself properly understand what you are saying John but when fishing my local match last Wednesday I couldn't get my net in the water properly due to confidence issues when I am near water and also where I have it on my box the top ring was getting in the way of the spray bar when I was trying to unhook a fish
      Mark

Comment

I think you’re making things hard for yourself Mark! The idea of the space saver nets is so you can 3 nets on your accessory bar but you can anyway ! If you haven’t got a bar just put your 2 nets on your front legs as normal but drop them down to the bottom of your leg or even turn them outwards then land your fish between them !

Comment

Thanks Neil

I do have the PRESTON INNOVATIONS OFFBOX 36 SNAPLOK TOOL BAR and only have one keepnet at the minute. I do also have a long keepnet arm that I could potentially use
          Mark

Comment

From watching 3 vid's (google preston spacesaver keep nets) The space saver bit just means that the rectangular hoop faces out the long way, allowing more space - up to 5 nets all within easy reach with your Landing net.

You could for example buy some cheap 'G' clamps from DIY & clamp them this way out (with the threaded. long side to left or right - not in use) without any actual modifications to the net at all!!
            Most 'G' clamps have a 'VEE notch in the clamp pad so it can't slip off.

Bet they'll sell 'em in Pound Shops.
            Last edited by martin56; 9th July 2018, 09:42 PM.
            [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

Thanks Martin

Good suggestion but that would negate the use of my toolbar
              Mark

Comment

Can't you clamp to tool bar specially as I suspect tool bar is square section??
                [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

Thanks Martin

Will investigate this option
                  Mark

Comment

Pointless in my opinion, I can fit 3 normal nets off 2 front legs with 2 short arms and 1 long, no toolbar, it's a question of correct positioning.

Comment

I've bent a couple of steadfast aluminium bank sticks (which I've had for years) at 90 degrees which suit my keep net needs, they fit in the lockscrew holes in the front of my footplate.
                      I always take 2 nets, though I have 3 - I need to learn to fill ONE!!

Comment

Nevertheless mate, can see the value in having them all longways out, thus more compact & closer together!!

(For those who can fill them lol)

Comment

Compacts are for when you require more nets in front of you in a limited space
                          Sorry to hear about your confidence around water so in that case would you not be better catching and releasing them so you dont panic and fall in then that could spoil someone else's day as he wouldn't be able to fish as he could be fishing you out of the water just a thought
                          Matrix Halifax

Comment

I do fish matches with the local club (knockups) and a major tournament once a year with around 30 anglers

My confidence or lack of is because of balance and coordination issues (Disability related) and I have been in the water twice so nothing new there
                            Mark

Comment

All i use is 2 brackets on front legs 1 to the left 1 to the right 4 nets all in front
                              without a bloody scaffold
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X