Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Which holdhall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which holdhall

Hi all

I am just after a bit of advice, I am just starting out Match fishing again but not on commies at the moment. I am looking at a hold hall that can take 3 off made up rods. so a 14' 3 piece match rod. a 3 piece waggler rod and a feeder/bomb rod around 12 two piece. But I also need to carry my pole and a couple of top kits and a brolly and a feeder arm and a couple of other rests etc. I may be walking a long way over rough terrain. What do you guys recomend? The reason is the matches are held on a smallish river but if it is in flood they then revert to one of the club ponds so I need to cover every eventaulity. My car will be parked in a layby at times and again I dont want to leave anything in it so all what I have will have to travel with me??

Any recomendations will be greatly recieved?

Thanks

ETEC
    Just got back into fishing so please be patient

Try this one

May be of interest to you can carry up to 4 made up rods in it https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/pres...double-holdall
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Comment

I have 3 of these that are used purely for storage and they are massive. And safe to. My rods have never got a mark on them in the hard cases and all my spare kits and sections are as safe as anywhere.

Comment

Mosella kompact 8.

Comment

Reckon mate - All those rods, brolly, Pole and the rest don't mix with Long Walks but that's just me!!

Better to find out the day before if it's River or pond then load the gear accordingly to what you'll ACTUALLY be able to physically carry in reality.

Your Health is more important, especially if (Like me) you've a few years on your back??

POPEYE would struggle to carry that lot any distance. I presume without a Trolly??
          Last edited by martin56; 16th February 2018, 01:16 AM.
          [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

You could get the Big holdall holdall in that Link - Just put less stuff in for now - THEN If & When you get to do the commies put as much in as you like as on a lot of Commercial venues you can park behind your Peg (But not all of them)

At ones where you can't - I make 2 trips to my Peg - they're pretty secure places (once inside the gates) with a few Anglers doing the same if they don't have a Barrow or are physically less able!!
            Last edited by martin56; 16th February 2018, 01:35 AM.
            [B]Fishin' Best Fun Ya' Can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On!![/B] And Can't do with sycophants!!.

Comment

holdall holdall !! Please forgive my Stammer stammer lol

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys a bit to think about. I took two on Sunday one was a Korum all rouder and the other a Korum double made up rod thingy. Now if they did them two that went together that would be perfect

Comment

Hi ETEC

Just had a look at the description of the allrounder and it states the following

This is from the Korum website

Designed for the huge number of anglers who do not carry their rods made up, but who are looking for the protection of a padded holdall. Carrying up to five rods or net handles, the Allrounder holdall will carry a huge amount of gear in full security.

Carries up to five rods. Also suitable for poles.
                  Padded protection to keep rods safe
                  Internal quiver tip pocket
                  External pockets for umbrella / landing net and banksticks
                  Adjustable padded shoulder strap and carry handle
                  Mark

Comment

Hi Mark

In the Korum all rounder I have in one side two tubes one consisting of a 13.5mt pole. then in the other tube I have a spare match kit and a power kit also a cupping kit. That is one side full. Then the other side I have feeder arm. 2 off very long bank sticks and also my landing net pole, then in the brolly pocket I have a broilly. Then in the Korum total protection 2 rod quiver I have 2off made up rods. consisting of a feeder rod and a stick float rod. I could do with another rod but hey. If this was a 3 rod made up with a 3 tube holdall with a brolly pocket and back stick pocket it would be perfect. but they are either too big or too small?

ETEC

Comment

Have a look at the Preston 1 I linked earlier in the thread
                      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Preston_Mark View Post
                        Have a look at the Preston 1 I linked earlier in the thread
                        Hi Mark

I have looked at one and its huge, far too big to carry down a bumpy old river bank. I will if I cannot get one have one made which is just right for me.

ETEC

Comment

no worries
                          Mark

Comment

Looks like I have found one, that fits the bill perfect. And after talking to a couple of tackle dealers none of them recomended these/. Looking at the Mosella one, with 2 hard-cases and then takes 4 rod tubes all in one perfect just need to drive and have a look at one> Looks like Brum saturday lol

ETEC

Comment

Will the holdall be going over your shoulder or on a barrow/trolley/shuttle?
                              MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Working...
                              X