Best reels for distance feeder fishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best reels for distance feeder fishing

Hi all I am looking to invest in two new reels for distance feeder fishing any info would be great help

Shimano ultegra range ,heard great things about these.
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Daiwa Caldia or ultegra xtb 5500 👍🏻

Comment

What sort of distances are you hoping for?
        MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Around 60 70 meters

Comment

You'll get that with most of the popular reels....shimano aeros, TDR's, etc. The ultegra 5500 XTD is on my wish list but I'm going through a box change at the moment so it'll have to wait. The caldia is a far nicer reel than the TDR by the way.
            There seems to be a glut of daiwa reels that all look the same shape but just a different colour. Just pick one the right size that suits your budget. Oh and don't forget to pair it with a rod that's up to the job. 60-70m will be achievable but things change drastically when it gets windy.
            MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Shimano ultegra 5500 xtb ci4+ is the lightest mini big pit reel and perfect for this distance. I use with a 13 foot tricast trilogy long range rod or drennan distance feeder

Comment

Is the Matrix Horizon 6000 worth considering ?.

regards

2TS
                ANGLING ATHLETE, CARLSBERG TETLEY AC.

Comment

I'm using Shimano Technium 5000s and they are excellent but now discontinued. Tend to think that the Shimanos are the best however a word of warning with the newer models as specs have changed. Most quality models only come with one spool and some don't have an anti reverse which I find strange, when I questioned this I was told that their drag was so good you didn't need backwind, however I do like to backwind especially on rivers. I feel that you need a minimum of 2 spools ie one for braid and 1 for monofilament.

Another one to consider is the Browning Black Viper although I have never seen one I have friends in Holland who use them for the long chuck and they rate them highly. The spools are spot on as they take 150m of .10 braid plus a shock leader so no winding loads of backing onto a spool.

The other thing to consider is balanced tackle because if you have a top quality distance feeder rod that is well balanced ie Browning Spheres/Tournament Pros if you stick a cheaper heavy reel on it all goes to pot
                  Last edited by lambrettasx200; 18th February 2018, 05:51 PM.
                  John

Comment

I like the Preston PCR6000 as it has a large spool with a small body and I need to trap the line against the rod with my index finger ,found I couldn't reach with the shimano xtb. I know you don't have to trap it but to set in my ways to change

Comment

Any one using Daiwa Castizim25qda for ther long distance feeder work

Comment

Originally posted by dannyskud View Post
                        Any one using Daiwa Castizim25qda for ther long distance feeder work
                        have thought about getting a couple after using a mates but the Caldia's do everything I need so I don't like changing something that isn't broken. For short work with a method feeder you can't beat the ninjas. If you get 12 months out of them for £40 you have had your money's worth

Comment

Working...
                        X