Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Preston Monster Double Holdall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston Monster Double Holdall

Hi All

When I have sold my current luggage I will be looking at purchasing one of the above so I will only have one rod/pole holdall to put in the car.

My question is does anyone have one of these and are they heavy when full

Regards

Preston_Mark
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

Very heavy and very big

Comment

I know it's big

What about on a Shuttle
      Mark

Comment

It will still be the same size and weight on a shuttle
        MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

I misphrased Nick I meant obviously would be easier to carry on a Shuttle instead of on my back
          Mark

Comment

When loaded its 6ft 6 inch long and 18 inch deep..certainly not one for carrying...make sure you got plenty of bungee straps to hold firm on trolley..

Comment

Thanks Rob
              Mark

Comment

Just a thought...before you commit..make sure it fits in your car

Comment

I will do as I have to sell my luggage first
                  Mark

Comment

Make sure you really need to take that many rods/poles mark.
                    Do you really need 12 tubes? That’s a pole and a couple of tubes for kits plus 9 other tubes! That’s a hell of a lot mate- even for a hardened match angler.
                    Just a suggestion- why not look at a 6 tube holdall and a 2/3 rod ready holdall?
                    It would take up less space and do a lot less damage to your back.
                    Team south- 2014 talk angling inter regional team champs
                    Alwight tweacle?

Comment

Mark I have one and just be careful I have x20 top kits and x5 no4s in one of the shell cases then a waggler rod and feeder rod in the other in the compartment I have a 16m pole section a 14.5m pole a tricast margin pole a spare no5 x2 landing net handles and a accessory bar.....and x2 umbrellas one normal one bait...it’s now full will you fill it? I I was u I would get a hold-all for your pole and accessories and a Preston 1+1 ready rod hold-all yes it’s x2 items but it will be much more user friendly
                      " if a dogs born in a stable, does it make it a horse? Aye up ducky!!

Comment

Thanks Paul & Ducci

I have just measured the car and it looks like it would protrude from the back to the front of the car
                        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by paul k View Post
                          Make sure you really need to take that many rods/poles mark.
                          Do you really need 12 tubes? That’s a pole and a couple of tubes for kits plus 9 other tubes! That’s a hell of a lot mate- even for a hardened match angler.
                          Just a suggestion- why not look at a 6 tube holdall and a 2/3 rod ready holdall?
                          It would take up less space and do a lot less damage to your back.

I have my pole in a tube & a half butt extenstion and six tubes with three topkits two match kits and a cupping kit also a feeder and a waggler rod so what exactly would I need to get

Apologies if I am sounding thick

The MONSTER LARGE ROD HOLDALL holds 8 tubes would this be suitable for my pole or should I get the Competition Pro luggage instead
                          Mark

Comment

They used to do the same holdall in a single version! Come with one separate rod sleeve, get 2-3 made up rods in it, then your pole gear in the other 2 sections. Half the size and half the weight! Same length 190cm. Not sure if they do them in the new range though Mark.
                            I’ve got the double one, it is heavy but I nearly always use my shuttle so makes no difference, but if you ain’t got the gear to fill it, you’ll be wasting your money on something you don’t really need! 😀

Comment

Thanks Neil

That's the one with the red writing on it
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X