Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Preston Absolute Compact Blue Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston Absolute Compact Blue Edition

Hi All

Does anyone know if the above box fits in the boot of a Nissan Note without having to move the seats forward?

My parents are looking to assist me in buying one after Christmas if we can find one cheap in the January sales
    Mark

"At the end of the day it's another day over" Les Misérables - Victor Hugo

I'm struggling with that one Bodi,

Whilst the name says compact, It really isn't. It's a lightweight.

The base dimensions and foot print look to be the same as most other boxes, and the leg length is the same.

So that means if it's the leg length that prevents you from getting it in the boot then you will still have to remove the legs. However If you have to do this then any box that fits in the boot of the car minus the legs will work. And you may as well get a box that offers more space and features. You also don't have the option of removing the box from the frame as the frame makes up the sidewalls of the 100mm lower storage.

DIMENSIONS

-Maximum Height (Top of Legs)- 475mm

-Maximum Width- 650mm

-Maximum Depth (Footplate Closed)- 520mm

I would regard all of those dimensions as been average.

Here's a daiwa 75 for comparison.

Comment

Thanks Iceni
      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Bodi View Post
        Thanks Iceni
        It's no problem, I've started to look into boxes for myself now. And I did take a good look at that box thinking like you it would be a small car solution.

I keep coming back to the same argument on my search. All boxes are effectively the same, and it's the package and placement of the features that you buy into.

One that I keep coming back to on my searches is a cheap Fishing republic model.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Theseus-Ma...-/351770392117

For £120 you get a lot of box there. Granted the quality might not be the highest, the drawer placement and space used in the box might not be optimised. For the price, and with the added extras I'm finding it hard to ignore. At that price it doesn't matter if you throw away the footplate, Never use the small trays, or take a drill and remodel the whole box just using the frame.

Comment

Try and sell it 3 months later after it doesn't tick all the boxes. Quality doesn't come cheap mate
          John

Comment

Originally posted by lambrettasx200 View Post
            Try and sell it 3 months later after it doesn't tick all the boxes. Quality doesn't come cheap mate
            John his current box is an old water tank one so even a Theseus one would be a massive step in the right direction.
            MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

Very Funny Nick

That is why I am trying to get away from it
              Mark

Comment

[QUOTE=Iceni;827635]I'm struggling with that one Bodi,

Whilst the name says compact, It really isn't. It's a lightweight.

The base dimensions and foot print look to be the same as most other boxes, and the leg length is the same.

So that means if it's the leg length that prevents you from getting it in the boot then you will still have to remove the legs. However If you have to do this then any box that fits in the boot of the car minus the legs will work. And you may as well get a box that offers more space and features. You also don't have the option of removing the box from the frame as the frame makes up the sidewalls of the 100mm lower storage.

DIMENSIONS

-Maximum Height (Top of Legs)- 475mm

-Maximum Width- 650mm

-Maximum Depth (Footplate Closed)- 520mm

I would regard all of those dimensions as been average.

The leg length is not an issue as a Nissan Note is a high backed car
                Mark

Comment

Sorry Mark that was in regards to the post by iceni and previous thread regarding his box.
                  MATRIX HALIFAX

Comment

The big thing with the absolute compact you can remove the footplate without removing legs, makes a massive difference. Probably is one of the more compact boxes about.

Comment

Oh I wasn't recommending the Theseus box, I was saying it's the one I keep coming back to. More acting as a benchmark to set the others to if anything.

If a cheap box can offer all of that, for that price. Then something is either very wrong with the product, Or Branded items are commanding prices that do not reflect the product, but the brand.

If I'm honest I suspect it's both, Brand accounts for a large percentage of the total price. And the super budget boxes offer less quality.

That been said, Universal features across all brands like catches, pole cups, Feet, Locking mechanisms ect will all be mass produced in the far east to the same standard regardless of the price point. I don't even suspect big brands ask for more in this regard, Like increased glass content to plastic mixtures to improve wear resistance.

So as I stated it becomes a game of picking the right placement of features, since brand and overall quality are largely inseparable.

The big thing with the absolute compact you can remove the footplate without removing legs
                      Even the budget end of the market have easy detatch front plates. There is a bolt in the back of the plate that interacts with the seat frame on boxes with the same design as that Daiwa 75 above, Remove the bolts and the foot plate will just slide right out. The only thing you have to remember is the bolt is out so tighten the side screws fully, Firstly so it doesn't slide out walking to a peg, and secondly so it doesn't slide out when you get to the peg and fall in the drink. Replacing the bolt with a clevis pin means you have the best of all worlds. Quick detach, and safe.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM RATTLER View Post
                        John his current box is an old water tank one so even a Theseus one would be a massive step in the right direction.
                        Nick
                        His current box is the Avanti ,that is almost Identical to that Daiwa 75 in the picture
                        All Mark would have to do to make his box into a Compact is Remove the Cassette from within the frame .
                        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM RATTLER View Post
                          Sorry Mark that was in regards to the post by iceni and previous thread regarding his box.
                          I meant that sarcastically Nick. I know it wasn't meant intentionally
                          Mark

Comment

My Parents have said I will be getting one in the New Year so I will be placing my old box on the market also in the New Year
                            Mark

Comment

What they buying you a New Nissan Note ??
                              No wonder you want a Shiny New Box 😉
                              Steve Pickup was trying to sell his New unused White Rive a couple of months ago
                              He seems to have Disappeared, Sadly .might be worth trying to contact him he might sell it @ a knockdown Price
                              Colin

Comment

Working...
                              X